Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chronos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
I just received my 12" iBook yesterday. Turned it on, heard the chime, got to the setup and registration screen, and something there was something screwy with the picture. Didn't know how to take a screen shot at that time (my first mac!) but the problem has persisted.

The problem is difficult to explain: it seems like a part of the screen is segregated and shift in a way. The problem goes away if, for example I use Expose, but does NOT go away by hovering the mouse over the affected region. The problem happens every once in a while, so it's not a consistent thing. Attached is a cropped screen shot.

I talked to an apple techie, he suggested I upgrade to 10.3.4. I did so, but no change!

Help! TIA

Attachments

• Picture 1.bmp
    95 KB · Views: 206

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
That is pretty weird. I'd try a fresh install. Reformat your drive and reinstall OS X. I know that kinda sucks because it's a brand new machine, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't fix it, then I'd definately say you have a hardware problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.