Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukoson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Since updating to SL I found that nothing happens when I click on the Time Machine icon in the dock. Nor does it respond if I click "enter time machine" from the small icon in the menu bar. It is making backups though and If I manually go into the time machine drive through the finder I can see that the files are all on the drive. However, clicking on the icon does not do anything (i.e. it does not take me into the graphic of going back in time). Any ideas? :confused:

Mugwumper

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Temecula, CA
I noticed this, too . . .

Since updating to SL I found that nothing happens when I click on the Time Machine icon in the dock. Nor does it respond if I click "enter time machine" from the small icon in the menu bar. It is making backups though and If I manually go into the time machine drive through the finder I can see that the files are all on the drive. However, clicking on the icon does not do anything (i.e. it does not take me into the graphic of going back in time). Any ideas? :confused:

The icon at the top of the screen is always grayed out for me. When I open
TM preferences, you can't turn it "on". Then I clicked on the lock on the
lower left side, and I was able to make everything work.

Now, after I've turned off and ejected my TM disk, the upper icon is still
gray, but I can control things anyway.

Feature or bug? ;^)

lukoson

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
time machine bug?

i was wondering if it is a bug. but sounds like our problems are slightly different. my icon is not grayed out and i can change the options and do everything as normal. I just can't "enter time machine".

ddauerbach

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2008
can't enter time machine

Quite simply, me too. That is, backups are happening, I can look at the drive and see everything is proper, but enter time machine doesn't work.
Could it be TimeMachineEditor?

Don Wallen

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Same problem on my IMAC

Time machine was running well until now, but in this moment still doing backup, but if I try to go into Time Machine, nothing happen and it is not any process open with Time Machine name on the Activity Monitor.
Any suggestion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.