Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hey all,

Just considering to buy one, which is better?
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen61.html
or
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UMX61.aspx

now I'm new to this whole recording scene so have nooo idea lol..
The Behringer says it has 50 built in sounds...But I'll be using Logic and Mainstage, with 1000+ sounds so im guessing that 50 number doesnt really matter?

The M-Audio one says "35 MIDI controllers > control software synths, mixers and effects" but I can't find a comparable feature on the Behringer. What is this? Is this important?

The Behringer says it supports both USB 1.1 and 2.0, whilst the M-Audio says it outputs at USB 1.1...
Basically, which one is the better keyboard controller to get?

Thank heaps :)

ps: the M-Audio I notice have faders, but the Behringer has a screen. Which one is more important??

JimmyLecroy21

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
hmmm

Well i used an Oxygen before and personally they feel kinda cheap. Same as all behringer products too. I would recommend getting like an Axiom because its a GREAT midi controller and works amazing. But its up to you in the end. At the end of the day **** the built in sounds you know. If you want built in sounds that are amazing and can be used as a midi controller for logic try getting a microkorg i picked one up offebay for $200. I would have to get the Oxygen if you gunna get beetween the 2 tho

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
oh ok...
well also, the maudio is like $60 Australian more expensive and I can only buy it from this online store...
Jsut wondering if the difference in price/effort is worth it if i choose the m audio over the behringer?

im already stretching my budget as it is..i wouldve loved the axiom but it is way too expensive - beginner :)
now the fader controls on the maudio...are thy really useful? worth trading off the screen thats on the behringer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.