Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddd269

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have an audio DVD that has 40+ chapter on the DVD chapter list, and I've been using MPEG Streamclip to extract the audio, but it gives me one large file instead of giving me the separate chapters. How do I split it up?

I looked all over the options on MPEG Stramclip but can't find anything about this. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Do I have to clip the large aiff file for the 40 chapters? I hope that's not the case, because I have like 10 dvds like this to rip... As the way it is now, all the songs are playing in relay.

The main title menu doesn't offer me a chapter selection screen... It's just a picture, but I can select different chapters(songs) via chapter select with the right mouse click on my mac.
This is what the dvd files look like. I figured the VTS_01_1.VOB and the 3 under it are the audio files... I'm I right? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• dvd capture.jpg
    dvd capture.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 93

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
Mac The Ripper will split files based on Chapters. I believe it will also demux the audio into an AIFF.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.