Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAndCheese1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Hey there,

I have accidentally and stupidly deleted my most recent iPhone back up (iTunes -- Preferences -- Devices -- Delete Backup) that I now desperately need.

The Backup is not in the Trash bin. Is it possible to retrieve the Backup file? Does anyone know? Is it somewhere on my computer, or is it gone forever?

Thank you in advance for any help. Even if that help is, "You're screwed". At least then, I can stop looking. A solution would admittedly be better, though!

mtjarrett

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
any news

hey did you figure anything out about recovering deleted backups? apple store did the same thing to me this morning and i really need to retrieve some notes.

thanks

Volatile84

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2010
any luck with retrieving the delted iPhone backup file?

I've mistakenly created a new phone account with a new name and the original backup has been automatically deleted. I need to restore with the original backup but it's no longer in iTunes. Please advise if you had any luck in retrieving or restoring the deleted backup file. Thanks!

nancy01

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2011
iPhone backup

Hello friends!
The iPhone backup for Mac is a tool that can easily restore all your data again. It can restore all your text messages, sound settings, definite network settings, and widget settings. The software is also capable of restoring your videos, audio, pictures, documents, contacts etc.
You can use this software to create backup for iPhones, IPod music, TV shows, and podcast iPhone to Mac.

chocolates

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
are any of these confirmed to be working? I had the same problem except I decided to set up as a new device thinking I could restore from a backup. But then it overwrote my old backup file. So now i lost all my messages, settings since i backed up to my computer instead of icloud.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
are any of these confirmed to be working? I had the same problem except I decided to set up as a new device thinking I could restore from a backup. But then it overwrote my old backup file. So now i lost all my messages, settings since i backed up to my computer instead of icloud.

are you using iCloud? if so it stores several copies of your backup unless you manually delete them. go into iCloud, then storage and backup, then manage storage then you will see the backups you have saved.

chocolates

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
are you using iCloud? if so it stores several copies of your backup unless you manually delete them. go into iCloud, then storage and backup, then manage storage then you will see the backups you have saved.

No i never backed up to icloud before so I dont have any backup on icloud. My backup was always on my pc. :/

So does that mean I lost everything then and can't do anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.