Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
I was looking through my iPhone today and at the bottom of my "About" section under settings it has a tab labeled "ttou", I can click on it and it brings up another screen. I compared my phone to a couple other iPhones and mine was the only one to have it. All of the iPhones are iPhone 3Gs running 3.1.2 and none have ever been jailbroken or unlocked. I'm not experiencing any weird issues, but I was wondering if anyone knew what this was. Here's pictures:

4024307259_5ae3e752aa.jpg
4025063822_76b99471bf_o.jpg

Thanks.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Thats really odd. Are you missing the Regulatory tab? or do the phones from the US not have that tab?

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Thats really odd. Are you missing the Regulatory tab? or do the phones from the US not have that tab?

US phones don't have that, nor do they have network options settings.

Sounds like a random glitch in the phone.. Could be caused by some corruption in iTunes or in the firmware file.. although that would be an infinitesimal possibility.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Another odd factor is that I just did a complete clean restore, I would somewhat expect something like this to develop after it's been a while since a restore.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
US phones don't have that, nor do they have network options settings.

Sounds like a random glitch in the phone.. Could be caused by some corruption in iTunes or in the firmware file.. although that would be an infinitesimal possibility.

US Phones have Regulatory, or at least mine does. The first one is FCC for the US

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Well, you're not the only one!

Yah, I saw that ( one and only post on the internet ) when I searched. I'm quite surprised that only me and one other person have mentioned this, I guess it's kind of like winning the lottery ... just with no money.

Regardless, his post was in June with no response ... So MR was definitely a better forum for me, even though no one here knows what the cause is either. haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.