Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimKirk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
I think it is BS.

Look at the posts in various threads. It is the middle of the month and there are like 10 or twelve people that have their quad cores.

There is no way they will make the end of the month. They are still filling orders from October.

Less than 10 business days left in the month if you count holidays, this blows.

iMerlin

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
I think it is BS.

Look at the posts in various threads. It is the middle of the month and there are like 10 or twelve people that have their quad cores.

There is no way they will make the end of the month. They are still filling orders from October.

Less than 10 business days left in the month if you count holidays, this blows.

I called Apple with the same concern. My i7 was ordered on Nov 4th. I complained that the status says Not yet shipped and I highly doubted I would be getting my i7 before December based on the current rate of shipment.
She said... 'Well, we have started the transaction from your Credit Card, usually its 3 days from the day of the pending transaction and then it ships. So she couldnt guarantee anything, but said she thinks it should ship tomorrow or Monday based on the charge on my CC.
Not as if that means anything, it wont make any difference until I get that damn machine in my house!

ibwb

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that the quad-cores started shipping almost the same time 10.6.2 was released. I'd bet the floodgates are open and shipping will be moving very fast now.

rmg007

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
As has been said many times before, people posting here are not necessarily representative of the outside world. Apple appears to be shipping hundreds, if not thousands, of Quad-Cores every day.

Also, Apple states, "Ships November," not delivers November.

Keep the faith, I think you will be pleasantly surprised :)

dabears

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
California
I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that the quad-cores started shipping almost the same time 10.6.2 was released. I'd bet the floodgates are open and shipping will be moving very fast now.

i agree! i'm keeping my hopes up that we will all be getting our iMacs VERY soon!

JimKirk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
On my order it says ships November

That means it at the very latest ships Nov 30.

If you look at all the threads, there are many people that ordered in October still waiting for theirs to ship.

If you extrapolate that, given that there is only less than 10 business days left in November, then mine will not ship in November.

That is just BS - The fact that it is now mid-november and Apple cannot give us a ship date like 3-5 days? WTF

Unless the have something to hide like delays. Mark my words:

Nov. 30

Press Release

Shares of Apple (NSDQ:AAPL) Computer fell more than 5 percent Tuesday, a day after the company announced a delay in the release of the next-generation iMac.

JimKirk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
Like I said, you probably ordered on October 20th

So there is no way anyone that ordered in November will get theirs before the end of the month at this rate.

ibwb

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
That means it at the very latest ships Nov 30.

If you look at all the threads, there are many people that ordered in October still waiting for theirs to ship.

If you extrapolate that, given that there is only less than 10 business days left in November, then mine will not ship in November.

That is just BS - The fact that it is now mid-november and Apple cannot give us a ship date like 3-5 days? WTF

Unless the have something to hide like delays. Mark my words:

Nov. 30

Press Release

Shares of Apple (NSDQ:AAPL) Computer fell more than 5 percent Tuesday, a day after the company announced a delay in the release of the next-generation iMac.

Your "extrapolation" relies on an assumption that Apple's shipping rate cannot exceed the order rate.

This is unfounded.

jddar

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009
Your "extrapolation" relies on an assumption that Apple's shipping rate cannot exceed the order rate.

This is unfounded.

Also, I would guess the proportion of orders taken in that one week in October, compared to this week, is vastly larger.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
So there is no way anyone that ordered in November will get theirs before the end of the month at this rate.

Relax dude. They just started shipping the quad-cores. Can you give Apple a few days or a week to catch up? You will get your computer before the end of the month...

Bryan

zerohp

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2008
I waited until November 10th to order, still says it ships in November. I'm not worried, I think they'll clear the entire back order by the end of the month.

Also its very unlikely thanksgiving will have a significant impact on the shipping date, since it is an American holiday and our machines are assembled and shipped from China.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
I waited until November 10th to order, still says it ships in November. I'm not worried, I think they'll clear the entire back order by the end of the month.

Also its very unlikely thanksgiving will have a significant impact on the shipping date, since it is an American holiday and our machines are assembled and shipped from China.

well I ordering on Nov 6 so any date that it ships earlier than Nov 30th is a bonus for me! I have expedited shipping which is 3 days max, so the latest I can possibly get my computer is Dec 3rd. So i'm going to wait till Dec 4th before I start jumping up and down, and just trust that when Apple says it will ship in Nov it will ship in Nov.
Cheers.

Ben

soomld

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2009
with the manpower of china im sure all your imacs will be shipped by nov unless u ordered like this week or something :p

HAVE FAITH BRO

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
They will get everything shipped by black Friday or cyber Monday. Otherwise people would cancel there order and reorder for much less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.