Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I cant believe i am asking this, i tryed to find it my self but could not.

Is there a simple way to re-size pictuers so that a 2.0 MB image would be 50k-100k?

I used export on preview but the lowest i could get it was to 260k.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Adobe's Image Ready does a great job at this. It's bundled with Photoshop so it might be a bit expensive. But if you do a lot image work it's worth the investment.

You might try Graphic Converter. It's a very handy image utility.

Another option would be Photoshop Elements. It does not intergrate Image Ready. But there are some settings you can adjust to change the image size and resolution.

al_jedi

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2004
chile
Re-size

re-size

Graphic Converter is a great choice. You can also try EasyCrop at http://www.yellowmug.com. It’s $12 and it will let you limit your file size to a specified value in KB (or in pixels). However, Graphic Converter is a more powerful option.

Have a good re-size.

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Are you just trying to change the image size or the quality. If you want to make it fit in that size range you could just save it as a jpeg file and adjust the quality until you get it to the right size (i assume its a psd file or something of the sort). The save for web option in PS gives you alot of different quality choices for jpegs, more than the regular save option.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Don't forget about iPhoto. I just did a test, selected one picture, and went up to File...Export.
I chose JPG, and sized it to 640x480, and it came out at 92k.

Lee Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.