Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Ok so i heard about the worm getting into the iphone by ssh I changed my password by using mobile terminal and when i went into winscp i made a new server thing and now everytime i log in using the new password it says password denied and i even tried using the normal root and alpine anyone know why this may be

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Ok so i heard about the worm getting into the iphone by ssh I changed my password by using mobile terminal and when i went into winscp i made a new server thing and now everytime i log in using the new password it says password denied and i even tried using the normal root and alpine anyone know why this may be

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

My guess is you are inputing the wrong password.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
yea i thought that too but didnt work so im gonna restore re jailbreak and go from there

foob

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2009
Install MobileTerminal and change the password again and make sure you get it precisely right, noting all uppercase/lowercase etc. A 2 minute fix is better than restoring.

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
yea ur right but i already restored :( all my customizing gone to waste :((((
but whatever ill try the mobile terminal way

Kevinnijjar23

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
i have another problem i fixed my orginal one though heres my new one

Im trying to install a theme i downloaded on my comp onto my brothers phone i need to ssh into the phone but whenever i open up winscp to make a new account so i can ssh into his phone it wont let me how can i fix this basically all i wanna do is ssh onto my bros phone but winscp wont add a new account

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.