Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freddy-b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Lisbon Portugal
Hi there,
My iPhone 3g on 3.0 and jailbroken has been stuck on the white apple logo since saturday, after updating an app from cydia.

Since then i've been searching through many forums, and some showed me that using iPhonebrowser and other usb SSH programs would fix it by editing some files on my phone.

BUT, the iPhone is not recognised by iPhonebrowser, Diskaid, or iFunbox, meaning that i can't change any files to make it start working!!!

also, it is not recognised by iTunes, and i really don't want to restore it.

any tips as to what i should do?

(going to the apple store isn't an option becuase i bought it in the uk (i was living there) and there isn't on in my country here......)

:mad:

tungstenheart

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
iPhone stuck on white apple logo

Exactly caught in the same situation,
don't know what to do will some one please help
my phone does not respond to my computer,itunes or any application

mine is jailbreaked 16Gb 3gs bought in malaysia, now in india.

bammerburn

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2009
Same here. Been scouring the net for a solution. Jailbroken 8g 3g. I only jailbroke the phone so I could have tethering at my parents' wifi-less home while I visit my home state for vacation. Now it's completely useless and stuck at the Apple startup logo. I need the iPhone for NYE and for leaving the state this weekend.

I have a reservation at an Apple store tomorrow morning as a last resort. I'm ok with wiping everything clean, but, dang, this is a pain in the arse.

buccsmf1

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
same thing happened to me. had to restore.... phone still takes about 30-60 seconds to boot up, so something is still wrong. scares the crap outta me each time that its going to get stuck on apple logo again.

crazyindy

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
same here

this happened to me too my computer doesnt even recognize it when i plug it in. it charges though. i cant enter dfu mode either. any help?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
All of you should watch this clip on how to fix the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

Do it right and the phone has no choice but to go into DFU mode, it's built to do it.

Well, I'm going to assume they know how to do that. It's all over the pace how to do DFU mode and even in my sig.

Anyway, assuming they did DFU right, try this:

First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.