Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raevaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Ok, I was uploading songs into iTunes and my mac has already been getting startup disk almost full messages for a while.. I try my best to clear up space on my hard drive, but now my mac started to freeze and a force quit menu popped up saying "Your mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory." My mac is FROZEN and the pinwheel is showing and its frozen.. PLEASE HELP ASAP... I was thinking about shutting it down by holding down the power button but im afraid that I wont be able to start it up since the memory is full..

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Ok, I was uploading songs into iTunes and my mac has already been getting startup disk almost full messages for a while.. I try my best to clear up space on my hard drive, but now my mac started to freeze and a force quit menu popped up saying "Your mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory." My mac is FROZEN and the pinwheel is showing and its frozen.. PLEASE HELP ASAP... I was thinking about shutting it down by holding down the power button but im afraid that I wont be able to start it up since the memory is full..

Don't worry, you should be able to reboot it, the OS is smart enough to reserve space for this type of situations. Just delete the stuff as soon as possible.

Raevaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Thanks, im going to try that soon.. So you're sure the all my stuff won't get deleted right? Sorry if I sound too paranoid :p

EDIT: Well I got a popup from the mac itself telling me I need to force shutdown my computer and I did and it booted without any problems :)

iTechSup

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks, im going to try that soon.. So you're sure the all my stuff won't get deleted right? Sorry if I sound too paranoid :p

EDIT: Well I got a popup from the mac itself telling me I need to force shutdown my computer and I did and it booted without any problems :)

Here's the thing. If you got a small HDD space, the best thing you can do is to get a better HDD. Yes, you could delete some stuff, but you might need something else right? What capacity HDD u got?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.