Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsucka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
So, why does this company not come out with earbuds that stay in place and don't hurt after a half hour of use, you would think the company would want to please its cash pit ie. customers

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
"Earbuds pain in the arse" ... well you're obviously putting them in the wrong place.

But seriously, there are plenty of comfortable earphones out there. My custom fit ones i currently use are so comfortable you hardly know they're there. My guess is you get what you pay for, and you can't get a good pr of earphones for under $100.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
It all depends on your ear, for example I cannot use the base apple headphones that come with ipods and iphones because they wont stay in my ear and they slip out. I then tried the very expensive Bose headphones and my right ear was snug but my left ear for some reason was very loose which was annoying (and yes i tried the different size inserts and tried different combinations) I then tried these cheap bass booster sony headphones ($20) and they were snug but hurt my ear after wearing them for a while. Finally I decided to try apple's new in ear headphones (the $79 ones) and so far so good I love them.

so the point is that it all depends on your ear, no company can possibly make a headphone that will fit everybodys ear perfectly.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Even something like Shure/Westone's yellow foam buds won't fit everyone to their liking, and those literally mold to your ear. Go to the Apple store and ask for a Shure demo, tell them that the fit kit is behind the Genius Bar and have fun. Thank Chris Lyons for that tad bit of information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.