Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JJBro1

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2009
I don't know what happened but all of a sudden itunes won't let me drag and drop a song onto my ipod or iphone, It won't even let me drag and drop a song in a playlists within itunes. Does anyone know what the problem is?

macuserx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2006
quit the app, then open it back up again. This will probably fix it.
iTunes is a horrible app, that's why it broke like this. Mine does the same thing sometimes. Don't worry about it.

kasulo

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
I don't know what happened but all of a sudden itunes won't let me drag and drop a song onto my ipod or iphone, It won't even let me drag and drop a song in a playlists within itunes. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I'm having the same problem and I already restarted everything. Still doesn't solve the problem.
My solution was to right click on the song / album cover / video and select "copy", than select a playlist or the iPhone music list and click "paste" using the iTunes menu on the top (Menu>Edit>Paste).

sjlaing9

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2015
I'm having the same problem and I already restarted everything. Still doesn't solve the problem.
My solution was to right click on the song / album cover / video and select "copy", than select a playlist or the iPhone music list and click "paste" using the iTunes menu on the top (Menu>Edit>Paste).

Neither of these things are helping me any other ideas? When I try to copy and paste it lets me copy but it doesnt give the option of pasting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.