Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I have a problem with Safari especially. It keeps moving on my dock. I place it on the left and after a few seconds, it moves all the way to the right. I move it again where I want it and the same thing happens over and over.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

phantac

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
When you boot up, is safari on the dock already? From what I understand, it seems as if safari isn't being locked onto the dock, since I believe that items that aren't docked get shifted to the right of the dock. I hope that makes sense... but if it isn't locked onto your dock then I don't know how to fix it. haha sorry

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Yes it's in the dock at boot up. The only thing I could find sort of related on Google was someone having a problem with icons disappearing from the dock. One person said that restoring the laptop worked. I may end up trying that sometime today if i don't get any other answers here.

I tried deleting the dock preferences file and rebooted but that didn't work.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Are the icons on the right side simply the open Safari windows? When Safari is running, you should have the application icon on the left, and however many window are open will have corresponding icons on the right. Sorry if that's not the issue. If not, perhaps you can elaborate.

redpola

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
I have a problem with Safari especially. It keeps moving on my dock. I place it on the left and after a few seconds, it moves all the way to the right. I move it again where I want it and the same thing happens over and over.

Me too. Safari, Calendar, and Address Book all keep leaping to the right of my dock. Very annoying.

Neil.

Breesok

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
I had same problem... Safari wasn't moving, it was stuck on right side. Solution as simple... I deleted it from the dock and dragged it back to the spot I wanted it to reside... Works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.