Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
i wrote a while back about sharing to a printer connected to a windows machine. nothing was working. so i took the advice of someone and hooked the printer up to my computer and am now trying to get the windows machine to share with the printer connected to a mac laptop. printer is connected to the laptop working and all, renamed something recognisable. the share my printer with other computers check box is checked in the print section of system preferences. in the sharing preference, windows sharing and printer sharing are both checked. so it seems that everything is in place as far as i can tell. when browsing for the printer from the windows end, the laptop will show up on the workgroup subnetwork or whatever, but no printer appears. what am i missing on either windows or mac end? in what other ways can i share this darn printer? (http printing option?)

SBG88

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Hey, if you find an answer post it. I've been searching for days.

ifjake

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
i haven't really had any sucess with setting up printers no matter how i try, and the reason is, when setting up printers in the Printer Setup deal in OS X the particular printer i'm trying to share has no driver listed. it's one of those printer scanner copier deals, so i can see how it could need it's own setup process. but at that step, selecting drivers, i'm always stuck there no matter what method of sharing i use. i can share and find the printer fine, but the drivers just aren't happening.

it's an HP PSC 1210 by the way. all in one.

SBG88

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
I can share with my laser. I also have an aio, the d125xi. Sharing with the aio... fuggetaboutit. If it is possible I'm not that advanced.

MacG

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2004
ifjake said:
i haven't really had any sucess with setting up printers no matter how i try, and the reason is, when setting up printers in the Printer Setup deal in OS X the particular printer i'm trying to share has no driver listed. it's one of those printer scanner copier deals, so i can see how it could need it's own setup process. but at that step, selecting drivers, i'm always stuck there no matter what method of sharing i use. i can share and find the printer fine, but the drivers just aren't happening.

it's an HP PSC 1210 by the way. all in one.

I have this very problem ifjake. Did you ever get this to work???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.