Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I just got a 4G 20gig iPod (somethings have changed since my 1G 5gig iPod) but I wasn't able to get a carrying case. The store was out of the Apple ones (don't like it anyway) and said that no other companies are making cases for the 4Gs yet.

Is this true?? I'm using my 1Gs rubber case and it's too big! My iPod is bouncing around in it :mad:

Anyone out there have a case? Suggestions? Recommendations? (NO, I will not give you my iPod :p )

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
I am not using any as of yet, but I am open to suggestions. I really don't like the idea of buying a case designed for the 3G iPod and having those four button holes open on the front.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I've seen pictures somewhere of a 4G in a 3 G iskin-- the problem is not only the 4 holes for the capacitor switches-- the location of the scroll wheel has changed. I think its a little closer to the screen. I dont think any of the manufactures have their 4G cases out yet-- wait a month or so and they'll be out.

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
Currently, I am using a Marware Sportsuit basic. It is okay for my 40GB 4G, however, the cutout for the clickwheel, doesn't match up exactly. Lajo's cases are coming out any day, and I have had one of those for a 2G and it worked out really good. iskin have their cases out now, available for preorder. Also Vaja has some kick booty cases out, but they are muy muy expensive. They are pretty sweet though. Contour's case also has come out. For more info on cases, ipodlounge has thread after countless thread about cases and which one to buy: http://www.ipodlounge.com

Good Luck,

Todd

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
These work great!:
http://www.powerdesignusa.com/

They stick onto your iPod and protect it from being scratched up. They also allow you to see the iPod in all it's glory. They are pretty easy to remove too (we sold my wifes 3G which had one on it and it took me all of 15 seconds to take it off). These also allow you to use the iPod in different cases. I will be buying an leather incase when they release them for the 4G's (I've had them for all my gens of iPods), but for now (since there are no other cases) these work great. The only downside is it takes about 10 days to get them.

brett33

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2004
Waco, TX
I haven't been able to find a 4G case that I like yet either, so what I have been doing is using one of the oakley sunglass cases (the soft one) that comes with most of their glasses (they can be purchased seperately). It won't offer a whole lot of protection, but it keep it from getting scratched, plus I can still scroll and click when it is in the case. I will be getting a case of some sort when there are more available for the 4G, but this works for now

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I have the exo2 skin for my 3G iPod. This case is THE BOMB. It fits the ipod like a glove, the whole thing. Even the scroll wheel. There are thin spots of silicon (scroll wheel, buttons) and thick spots everywhere else. I got the indigo blue, it looks good. It even comes with a small piece of plastic that fits over the iPod screen and protects it.

I have seen that they make a 4g model. That is what I would get.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
I've got an STM iPod Armour, originally designed for the 1g/2g iPods hence which has the perfect cutout for the 4g. Works a charm and is a snug fit for the 40GB 4g.

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
I have a 3G ipod but i use the Belkin leather flip case. It should suit a 4G nicely.

Attachments

• STD1_F8E533eaAPL.jpg
    STD1_F8E533eaAPL.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 289

Inkmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Calgary
OziMac said:
I've got an STM iPod Armour, originally designed for the 1g/2g iPods hence which has the perfect cutout for the 4g. Works a charm and is a snug fit for the 40GB 4g.

Ditto. And since it was made for the older models I was able to buy it on sale.
Still think I'd like an iSkin though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.