Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hdean

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I have recently installed little snitch, later i prefer to uninstall that, because, whenever i open any application, immediately one notification window opens and asking about some TPC connection. please see the photo. kindly me know, how to make to uninstall little snitch

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.55.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.55.25 PM.png
    66 KB · Views: 3,485
  • Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.57.35 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 10.57.35 PM.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 2,947

emiljan

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
Michigan
I suggest you try to reinstall the app if you already removed and use the uninstaller that came with littlesnitch.

Also down the road i suggest you invest in CleanApp when you need to uninstall something completely. CleanApp has a logging feature that logs any app you install, so come time you want to remove it, it deletes your app and all of the associated files.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I didn't get that impression, but it's a little ambiguous. If the OP already tried to uninstall it using AppCleaner/AppZapper, I'd recommend reinstalling it and then running the uninstaller.

You're right, it is a bit ambiguous. I also agree that if an app comes with an uninstaller, that's preferred over using AppCleaner/AppZapper in most cases. However, some uninstallers intentionally leave some things behind, such as .plist files, in case you decide to reinstall the app at a later time. If you want to be sure it's all gone, something like AppCleaner can help.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Also down the road i suggest you invest in CleanApp when you need to uninstall something completely.

...this is the entire point of this thread, I think. "All-in-one" uninstallers often fall short with more complex apps. Always use the application's own uninstaller if it has one.

However, some uninstallers intentionally leave some things behind, such as .plist files, in case you decide to reinstall the app at a later time. If you want to be sure it's all gone, something like AppCleaner can help.

True.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.