Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huskermania

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has updated one of their favorite applications on either a iPod Touch or iPhone, and then finds out that the update either takes away features, has bugs, or downright makes the app not fun to use anymore. This inspired me to make this video, which details how people can reverse that application update. I hope you guys can find it as useful as I have. The only thing is that you still need to have that app file, which resides in the Trash/ Recycle Bin as soon as you update it. So unfortunately, if you have emptied it already, you probably cannot retrieve it. But with this, at least you will know what to do next time. =D

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCRW-z4_Q0

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. I think it can be useful to a lot of people.

Regards,
Alex

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Great video. Actually, its one of the more professional quality videos I've seen demonstrating anything with iTunes/iPhone (I'm so sick of 13 year olds filming off a digital camera/Flip in a low-light setting with their mom yelling in the background).

Very useful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.