Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Hi

Has someone experienced spinning wheel with a SSD Intel postville in a mac mini ?

just upgraded my stock HD to a SSD in the late 2009 mac mini

i've been using it for a week without any problem

but spinning wheel just started to appear today while using Firefox...

strange

is the SSD defective or is it due to Firefox ?

thx

norbiu

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
What kind of Mac Mini?

Edit: Yea, sorry. My flu is killing me :eek:

Honestly, I stopped using Firefox a while ago due to its memory problems. Unless you have some extensions you can't live without, try running Chrome for a while.

unixfool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
East Coast
I doubt its Firefox, unless you've like 40 tabs open and you're low on available RAM. You should check to see how much RAM each application is using by using the Activity tool. Currently, my Firefox is using 338MB of RAM while having 10 tabs open (16 threads). I've 2GB of RAM...no beach balls and I also have Mail and Safari open.

Did this happen before the SSD install?

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
^^ I agree

also when I first got the intel ssd I found I had to reset the pram a couple of times in the first week just to get everything running sweetly.

Dont know why that would have happened but its worth a try as it only takes 2 mins

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
it's the late 2009 mac mini

i have upgraded the HD directly to a SSD

so i cannot tell if this happened before

that's weird because, i've been using it without any problem for a week

it just appeared

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
^^ I agree

also when I first got the intel ssd I found I had to reset the pram a couple of times in the first week just to get everything running sweetly.

Dont know why that would have happened but its worth a try as it only takes 2 mins

the option-apple-P-R thing ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.