Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
It seems like a lot of people, me included, are/going to order the Apple case because of the ability to prop up the back to type. The case does give some protection, but the Ipad still might not survive a fall. I did order the case for my 3G, but might bring it back because of the following product: Laptop Legs by Lapworks. I had used these on an old Toshiba laptop to get it up so the CPU could cool. You just stick these on the back and have 2 angles you can use to prop the back up. The advantage of this product is that you can still dock your Ipad and also have that sensual Aluminum feel when you pick up your Ipad. They are available in Amazon for around $12.

Attachments

• Laptop Legs.jpg
    Laptop Legs.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 482

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
It seems like a lot of people, me included, are/going to order the Apple case because of the ability to prop up the back to type. The case does give some protection, but the Ipad still might not survive a fall. I did order the case for my 3G, but might bring it back because of the following product: Laptop Legs by Lapworks. I had used these on an old Toshiba laptop to get it up so the CPU could cool. You just stick these on the back and have 2 angles you can use to prop the back up. The advantage of this product is that you can still dock your Ipad and also have that sensual Aluminum feel when you pick up your Ipad. They are available in Amazon for around $12.

So then you have these ugly things stuck to the back of your ipad wherever you go? No thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.