Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I did some updates from cydia today and now my phone is constantly respringing. Any suggestions on how i can stop this cycle?

Chiny

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I cant find the sbrotator file.
The developer has been updating that tweak for the last couple days and if u have stacks installed it crashes immediately, I tried finding the file location and I had no luck either.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
The developer has been updating that tweak for the last couple days and if u have stacks installed it crashes immediately, I tried finding the file location and I had no luck either.

I found the location on another forum

The SBRotator file is located in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/

Delete the two SBRotator files (dylib mainly). Respring, and SBRotator is gone. To complete remove it, go to Cydia and remove it.

This fixed my problem

Chiny

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I found the location on another forum

The SBRotator file is located in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/

Delete the two SBRotator files (dylib mainly). Respring, and SBRotator is gone. To complete remove it, go to Cydia and remove it.

This fixed my problem
Good looking out, now I know

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
The intent was to remove them via Cydia. Whatever works.

I couldn't get into my phone, it was respringing at the lock screen. The respring was constant to where i couldn't even put my passcode in, i couldn't even get 1 number of my passcode in.

Its always a good thing to leave SSH on.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I couldn't get into my phone, it was respringing at the lock screen. The respring was constant to where i couldn't even put my passcode in, i couldn't even get 1 number of my passcode in.

Its always a good thing to leave SSH on.

For future reference, if you can SSH into your phone you can uninstall a package from a terminal. For SBRotator, the command would be:

Code:
dpkg -r net.limneos.sbrotator

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
For future reference, if you can SSH into your phone you can uninstall a package from a terminal. For SBRotator, the command would be:

Code:
dpkg -r net.limneos.sbrotator

Exactly...If you are in the constant respring loop, there is a very likely chance that you have internet connectivity and can ssh into the phone. I had two when I was having issues with the updated SBSettings and Activator a while back.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Exactly...If you are in the constant respring loop, there is a very likely chance that you have internet connectivity and can ssh into the phone. I had two when I was having issues with the updated SBSettings and Activator a while back.

Yea, i ssh'ed into the phone to delete the sbrotator files that were in mobilesubstrate.

undergroundHACK

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
TSX saved me!

TSX, your #5 post saved my ars! I tried the cracked versin and I thought I was going to have to Restore. Thanks!!!!!! :cool:

XririshiX

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
The Netherlands
iphone keeps respringing

Hey, I got the same issue, my iPod Touch (not iphone) keeps restarting >.<
I tried to hard-restart about 50 times XD but nothing happened..
It starts to boot, switches over to my boot logo, keeps on there with a little
circling thing (a loading thing) and then flashes and repeats the whole thing...:(

With deleting the dylib things, I can delete those things for activator too?
There was one dylib and one plist.. (I deleted those files but still no startup)

Please help me, I'm getting mad xD :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mujaini

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Hey, I got the same issue, my iPod Touch (not iphone) keeps restarting >.<
I tried to hard-restart about 50 times XD but nothing happened..
It starts to boot, switches over to my boot logo, keeps on there with a little
circling thing (a loading thing) and then flashes and repeats the whole thing...:(

With deleting the dylib things, I can delete those things for activator too?
There was one dylib and one plist.. (I deleted those files but still no startup)

Please help me, I'm getting mad xD :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did you resolve the issue

I faced it many times and had to restore my iphone dozen times.

I finally figured the ones to delete

in the same path mentioned by TSX

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/

delete the dylib and the other one for these 2 annoying cydia apps

Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
Bug Fix: Stuck Pages

If your iphone is not recognized by itunes or any iphone browser, restore it, jailbreak it

and once you install cydia apps and these 2 are installed, don't respring or reboot, just exit cydia

connect your iphone to any iphone browser and do as mentioned.

good luck.

Sorry for posting this reply after 3 months of last person's thread

but figured somebody might need this help

By the way, i also deleted the ones for springtomize2 and callbar!!

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
I'm in a respring loop and sadly I don't have SSH :| is my only option restoring and rejailbreaking?

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
try this

connect to TU. then goto into recovery...than use RecBoot to exit recovery.

I was able to get it to boot in safe mode then go to cydia and uninstall my most recent installation. Thank heaven. Now my first order of business to get PKG Backup and SSH.

Thanks very much for the tip

ranjeet101

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
I was able to get it to boot in safe mode then go to cydia and uninstall my most recent installation. Thank heaven. Now my first order of business to get PKG Backup and SSH.

Hi... Ive also got the same problem. My jailbroken 4S on 5.0.1. keeps re-springing and it doesnt even give me enough time to enter my passcode. I can get the phone into recovery mode, but thats its.. then iTunes asks me to restore & update which I dont want do as I'll lose pictures etc etc.

Is there a way I can get the 4S to reboot in Safe-mode so that I can remove the app thats caused the respringing? Ive tried Recboot, but to no avail and Funbox doesnt show a connected device. :(

Any help would be appreciated...

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2011
NY
nice thread

i also ran into that dreadful reboot issue ...

i bought photoalbums+ and it worked for some time then one time after i shut off and turned on phone it went right into that constant reboot cycle. I was unable to SSH into device ... not enough time to get in there and delete files ... would just reboot again. I wish there was a way to force the phone into safe mode once the phone starts to reboot into a cycle.

I was able to place phone in DFU mode which recovered my phone after a restore but i lost all info on phone ... which i was upset about.

ranjeet101

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Oh no.. :(

there must be some kind of way to reboot the phone in safe mode from recovery mode... Im still researching on youtube/google. hopefully i find something soon :(

Macdawgg

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
I had the same problem and I have a passcode on my phone. Here's what I did-Hold down the power button and the home key at the same time and that should solve the issue. The phone reboots and that cleared up the problem for me. Good Luck!

Shadowraen

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
How?

How did you get it to go into safe mode without SSH? I'm having the same problem with a 32gb 4th gen ipod touch. is sbrotator connected to this? I just installed it...

----------

Oh no.. :(

there must be some kind of way to reboot the phone in safe mode from recovery mode... Im still researching on youtube/google. hopefully i find something soon :(

Did you find a way to do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.