Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvstodes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Hello all,

I'm thinking about letting my MobileMe account expire. Currently, my MobileMe email address is also my Apple ID.

I'm a bit reluctant to bail on my current Apple ID and create a new one as I used it to redeem a number of digital copies of Blu-rays I purchased, and I can't see any way to change my Apple ID since it's "tied to a MobileMe account and/or an iChat ID."

I guess I have 2 questions:

1) Is there any problem with letting MobileMe expire, keeping my Apple ID my current MobileMe email address, and just changing my email address associated with the account?

2) Is there any way to contact Apple and have them change my Apple ID since I'm unable to do it myself?

I did a search on this topic and didn't see anything, I apologize if I used the wrong terms.

Thanks for looking.

jcbhammond

macrumors member
May 3, 2010
Yes.

You can change the email associated with your username under the account settings in iTunes.

cvstodes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Hello,

I know I can change the email address, I wasn't sure if having a no longer active @me.com address as my Apple ID would be a problem.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.