Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnowNol

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
I have a backup with iTunes, but I'm still wondering what happens if I restore. When I backup, do I get back my numbers, texts, and all of that stuff?

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Sure!

Apps, settings for phone, camera roll, texts, and phone numbers are stored when you back up.

:D I wanted to post earlier but I didn't know the answer :eek:

GodlyDan

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
Backups dont seem to work in the 4.0 Beta so as long as thats not your FW you wont loose your contacts or setting etc..

dhjapple89

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Waco, TX
Backups dont seem to work in the 4.0 Beta so as long as thats not your FW you wont loose your contacts or setting etc..

Backups work perfectly fine in the 4.0 betas. You have to have Xcode installed on the computer you are using the phone with.

GodlyDan

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
Backups work perfectly fine in the 4.0 betas. You have to have Xcode installed on the computer you are using the phone with.

Thanks a lot for letting me know that. My main PC is a windows 7 based HP so I use my Mac Mini to develop for and Install the Beta Firmware on but then i switch it over to my HP for my music, apps, and syncing. That would explain it

sandeep2

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Yes it will re-store all the things you have mentioned. i-phone is a great piece with all the techniques to make everything more easy............

yogistud

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
Fml

ok so i have an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 on it and i have apps with pictures in them that arent in the camera roll. will those be saved too? and what about my music? i have i think 5gb of music that isnt in my itunes?

i <3 :apple: but for some reason my itunes wont recognize the settings and data thats why i need to restor.

aggri1

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Hi,

I'd like to expand the question, this thread popped up during a search.

I've an iPhone 4, currently running iOS 5: I do not want iOS 7. I have backups in iTunes, on an Intel Mac running 10.6.8.

What happens if I have to do a Restore?

Specifically, will iTunes happily restore the iOS 5 system and my files from the local backup? Or will it first check what the current version of iOS is, and insist that I download and install that?

I'm fearful that if I have to re-install iOS again (phone already had hardware issue once before, requiring full restore), that I'll be forced to update iOS.

A follow-up question would be; what would happen in this circumstance were I instead using a PowerMac running Leopard? After all, when I bought the phone, its requirements were met by the Leopard PPC Mac (I think I had Tiger, even), which I was using at the time. The PPC version of iTunes on Leopard probably can't install iOS 7 (?), so what does it do instead? Download and install the latest available one? I doubt that, what with Apple's idiotic control freak restrictions on old iOS versions. If I bought a product which worked perfectly well with my computer, is it reasonable that after a while that product no longer works, even though I've changed nothing? Hopefully that's not the case, but anyway, that's why I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance for your replies...

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.