Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
I have 2 ringtones that I still have on my iPhone that were mistakingly deleted from my Mac. iTunes has the the ! indicating that it cannot find them.

How do I get these ringtones back off of my phone and into iTunes ? Simply syncing will not work, at least it didn't for me.

fossil7379

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
If you right click or two finger click for mac your phone in iTunes on the left side a transfer purchases option is there and click that to see if that works. Took me a few times to click it for it to get my ringtones off my phone onto my computer so I could sync and not remove the ringtones.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
I had this with mine too.I just went into my music file on my pc and reopened them using the "open with" - itunes and that worked for me.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Try expod (free). You can get ringtones off with that, although when I just checked it didn’t show all of mine. If you can’t do it with I have other alternatives (but they cost).

all that showed were my songs.:(

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Try expod (free). You can get ringtones off with that, although when I just checked it didn’t show all of mine. If you can’t do it with I have other alternatives (but they cost).

I tried it again and found them the 2nd time. THANK YOU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.