Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finatk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
iMovie update available on the App store.

Fixes numerous things but more importantly it address the issue where the phone / app would crash if you tried exporting a vid with alot of still images.

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2010
Yup. Seems to work as advertised now. Btw, its on macrumors front page, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
iMovie update available on the App store.

Fixes numerous things but more importantly it address the issue where the phone / app would crash if you tried exporting a vid with alot of still images.

This makes me extremely happy - not because iMovie won't crash though...

I get excited because it proves Apple is working on the problems we are encountering, and they are doing it fast! :)

I bet we see an update for the Proximity sensor and the death grip in a few days. :-D

- Joe

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2010
This makes me extremely happy - not because iMovie won't crash though...

I get excited because it proves Apple is working on the problems we are encountering, and they are doing it fast! :)

I bet we see an update for the Proximity sensor and the death grip in a few days. :-D

- Joe

I hope your right.

finatk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
07:26am in old blighty UK, nothing was mentioned on my front page.. Odd.

Anyway no sign of clip splitting or more transisitions. I would rather they get the App functioning correctly first then bring content anyway.

Bobajobbob

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2005
Is it just me or is the way the iMovie manages the selection of Movie clips so slow as to be completely useless? I have quite a few clips synced on my phone and whenever I attempt to use iMovie it has to cache all of them into memory before I can select a clip for a project. This takes forever and has to be done every time I open iMovie. If I only have 10 movie clips to choose from then I guess it would work but with clips going back a year or so it is totally impossible to use.

There must be a better way of selecting movie clips or this app will be completely useless to me.

Anyone else have a problem with this?

citrate

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008

Anyway no sign of clip splitting or more transisitions. I would rather they get the App functioning correctly first then bring content anyway.

Am I misunderstanding "clip splitting" because I'm under the impression that you want to take one clip, import it into iMovie, take several chunks and spilt them up? Well this can be achieved by importing the clip, trimming it as normal and then import the same clip again and trim that. Do this several times and you have several chunks from one clip. I'm not sure if this was there before the update but I presume so because it wasn't advertised in the list of changes.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State

They did add hte ability to split clips....

I agree with you that was a necessary thing to add. Sure, there are ways around it, but in my opinion, it's a very basic function of a video editing program so not to have a way to do it without messing around makes it not even do the bare basics (and not worth the 5 bux). Now it's worth the 5 bux.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.