Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibebyi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Hi all,

seeing as the iPad sections of pretty much every big apple forum need a little spicing up (idk about you but im growing tired of "what is the jailbraked/cydia/unlock" threads), I have a bit of good news.

I just wanted to let you guys know that psx4all has been updated to include non-native iPad support (no more non-refreshing screens) and I report that most games run at a pretty solid framerate with sound. (have tested FF 7,8,9 and all run at ~55-60 fps with occasional slowdown). File support includes all typical disk images as well as PSP PSX Eboots.

its 2.99 but a free future update promises native iPad support with configurable buttons. At its current 2x resolution, it doesn't look too shabby and is completely playable.

tbh I was starting to lose hope in zod ever updating his stuff but it was a nice surprise.

Have fun

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Hi all,

seeing as the iPad sections of pretty much every big apple forum need a little spicing up (idk about you but im growing tired of "what is the jailbraked/cydia/unlock" threads), I have a bit of good news.

I just wanted to let you guys know that psx4all has been updated to include non-native iPad support (no more non-refreshing screens) and I report that most games run at a pretty solid framerate with sound. (have tested FF 7,8,9 and all run at ~55-60 fps with occasional slowdown). File support includes all typical disk images as well as PSP PSX Eboots.

its 2.99 but a free future update promises native iPad support with configurable buttons. At its current 2x resolution, it doesn't look too shabby and is completely playable.

tbh I was starting to lose hope in zod ever updating his stuff but it was a nice surprise.

Have fun

what games are you playing? I bought this and havent been able to get a game to work yet.

ibebyi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
hmm thats strange. Do you frequently check cydia for updates? Zod updated to 2.0.0 and followed up with 2.0.1 pretty much an hour later.

as for what im playing. FF 7,8,9

hope this helps :)

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
can u finish FFVII? i heard there is a bug when you dive in the ocean to fight the weapon.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
this is a waste of $3. I dont play FF and nothing else works. im yet to find any game that works really well. most I cant even get to load at all and the few I do crash or are unplayable.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Something wrong with your bios maybe.

I've played resident evil, final fantasy Vii, diablo and xmen beatemup thing all work fine

Sound is a bit off in places, the speech for resi is undeipherable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.