Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Anyone having similar problems with these two? Weather Channel might open 40% of the time , usually takes a couple trys before it opens. This is the ipad one.

My iBooks atm opens the shelf , stays there for a minute or two and then crashes back to ipad front page.
I have rescyned and no change.

Tulipone

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
Huntingdon UK
No problems with iBooks but I have very similar issues with Weather Channel. It does stay stable after a go or two, but something is not right.

Perihelion

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
The Weather Channel app gave me no end of issues. Eventually I just deleted it. Accuweather seems to be more stable even though its slow. Haven't had any iBooks issues though.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
weather channel crashes when i select a new location from the bookmarked locations. always in a reproducible manner.
i just use the website for now and when they don't fix it in the next 4 weeks i delete it for good.

ibooks works fine.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
I have not had any problems with Weather Channel or iBooks, at least not yet. Just out of curiosity, did you try performing a reset? Don't know if that would help but it wouldn't hurt.

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
iBooks. Works great for me. The Weather Channel crashes all the time, though. I deleted that app and went with Weather Bug. Now that's a stable app. The Weather Channel has much better video, but I do like the panels and screen layout of Weatherbug better.

The Weather Channel does work if you just launch it and look at the main screens. It's when you start tabbing through the interface a bit when the application plays russian roulette with itself. (Will it crash this time? Yes? No?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.