Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfiring

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Maybe I am an idiot, but I can't figure out how to save a new pages document (it is still called untitled) and furthermore, how do I either email or sync it back to my mac?

Thanks so much

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Just tap on the filename in the my documents to rename the document.
To send via mail or upload it to iworks or export the document tap on the first icon under the filename with the box and right turning arrow to bring up the sharing menu and select your option. The export option in the sharing menu will export the document as pages or PDF or doc format and will put the file in the iTunes file sharing menu, from which you can save the file into your Mac when ur iPad is connected to iTunes. iWork will also help you upload the document to the cloud from which you can download in pages or pdf format.

autoball

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Export a page doc to numbers

this is my very first post and probably didn't submit it correctly -
i have downloaded a bank statement to pages and would like to export it to numbers.
the info saved on pages are single lines - example:
date of transaction purchase location code amount

07/06/2010 purchase business mansfield 075721 6.75 202.25

need to have this list broken down into individual columns so i can manage the info.

any solutions guys

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
numbers on ipad cannot convert & import documents from other formats.

This is a task for a full office suite, either excel or numbers for mac!
you have to first import the statement into either of these programs and save them in their native formats and then open in numbers for ipad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.