Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

physicsnoob93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Hi guys, so recently I picked up a WiFi+3G iPad. I live in hostel and hostel internet sucks so I use a 3G usb modem for my macbook pro. When I got the iPad, I started using the sim card on my usb modem with my iPad to get internet, but the problem is that now I can't access internet on my MBP. Internet sharing used to work just like about 2 weeks ago when I used it with my iPod touch. It just won't work now and I can't find a solution.

On my MBP, I turn internet sharing on and share my internet from my USB modem to computers using "AirPort", exactly like before. Now, my iPad or iPod touch would just connect to the WiFi network but when I try to go to a webpage on Safari it says it's not connected to the internet. It's super frustrating.

Any suggestions on how I can get internet sharing to work? It's not a problem with my ISP, I know that. Because when I connected my MBP to hostel internet using an ethernet cable, I could access internet on my MBP yes, but not on my iPad with a WiFi network hosted.

Thanks in advance.

benlibo

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
I am in exactly the same situation. Will let you know if I find a solution.
Trying to share a connection from a USB modem via Airport.
iPad does not seem to detect the internet sharing option.

Was fine when i used a wired ethernet cable to supply the connection.

Help and suggestions please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.