Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atothendrew24

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Arizona
Hey guys. I am experiencing some problems with the home button on my iPhone 4. Sometimes when i click it, it won't respond at all. And whats weirder, sometimes when i click it, it thinks i double tapped it and opens the multitasking bar.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I'm just wondering if its a defect or if its software.

Thanks!

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Hey I've noticed this too but I think it's just not pressing the home button hard enough. It's extra clicky now..... So make sure you press it all the way down. :)

MikieMcBikie

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
TN
oh please no....i lost my first gen ipod touch to a defective or overused home button refusing to work. it was a few months out of warranty so it was trashed. kinda thought they would have fixed it by now lol

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
If you can replicate the problem fairly easily, take it to Apple. Maybe you just have a lose home button.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Make an appointment with Apple, if it is a bad home button they will be able to replace your iPhone.

apierce246

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
I was having this exact same problem and took it in to Apple and got a replacement. Now I am having the same problem again on the replacement. I am debating about whether to get another replacement. I'm starting to think it is just an iPhone 4 issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.