Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yeah... the emac my parents have wont turn on. heres the deal that i think lead or relates to this.

the night before i found out it would not turn on they had told me the power went out. they leave the puter on sometimes and this time they did. so the power went out and the computer consequently turned off and now it wont turn back on. keep on hitting the power button but nothing. it was plug to a surge protection strip but its not that good and its old.

so whats the deal? what am i looking at here in terms of damage? how can i get this fixed.... is this under the apple one year warrenty... and if not how much would it cost if i have to go this route?

any help you all are able to provide id appreciate. thanks.

EDIT: delete this thread or ignore... problem solved. thanks.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
krossfyter said:
yeah... the emac my parents have wont turn on. heres the deal that i think lead or relates to this.

the night before i found out it would not turn on they had told me the power went out. they leave the puter on sometimes and this time they did. so the power went out and the computer consequently turned off and now it wont turn back on. keep on hitting the power button but nothing. it was plug to a surge protection strip but its not that good and its old.

so whats the deal? what am i looking at here in terms of damage? how can i get this fixed.... is this under the apple one year warrenty... and if not how much would it cost if i have to go this route?

any help you all are able to provide id appreciate. thanks.
Check the powersupply strip. It could be bad taking the hit of electricity.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
jackieonasses said:
Check the powersupply strip. It could be bad taking the hit of electricity.

okay.. did that... still no go. the printer is plugged into the same strip the puter is but it works. just to make sure... i did re plug the puter straight into the outlet without the strip.

one thing that i noticed when doing that is that when i had accidently touched the prongs on the plug from the computer i got shocked a little. i touched it again to see if i wasnt just feeling things that werent there and it turnes out that one prong is shocking me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.