Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matx5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Hey all,

Yesterday my macbook stopped working, when i pressed the power button nothing happened. So I decided to open it to see if I could fix it. I've found the problem but it's a really weird one:
If I connect the power supply and press the on button, nothing happens.
If I connect the power supply, disconnect the battery and press the on button, nothing happens.
But if I connect the power supply, then press the on button and after that disconnect the battery the macbook starts booting.

Has anyone had this problem before and knows what's the part to replace?

Thanks in advance,

Matjas

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
I don't know that the SMC would really have an effect on this one...but it never hurts to try. You can also reset the PRAM (I don't even know what it stands for haha). Or, you can also boot in safe mode, and see if you can diagnose the problem from there. I've heard that the mac safe mode is accessed by holding down the shift key while pressing the power button. Hope some of this helps :eek:

matx5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
I've tried both the solutions but neither of them did the trick.
I just noticed this post is in the wrong sub forum so I made a new one in the right sub forum here.
So a mod can close/remove this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.