Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
So I finally managed to get my iPad, camera and vaja ivolution Top SP in the same country at the same time. I apologize in advance for the photos as I'm pretty bad with a camera.

The quality of the case is top notch, the iPad is very snug and not going anywhere and the leather smells and feels great. If you've got the money vaja makes great products.

One of the things I like best about the case is that when resting the edge of the iPad on a surface (desk, lap, etc) the leather edging of the case makes it real comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpeg
    IMG_0390.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0398.jpeg
    IMG_0398.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0404.jpeg
    IMG_0404.jpeg
    602 KB · Views: 93

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
And a few more...

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0407.jpeg
    IMG_0407.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 100

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
For some reason I can't find that exact one on the vaja webpage. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Sorry, I should have explained that this was a model they listed for a short time as 'Immediately Available'. The look is called Mamut (like elephant skin but it is cow leather). It was sold at $200 as a limited edition model.

By the way, if your decide to order a VAJA, be sure to use the coupon code MACSTORIES at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off. The coupon lasts until June 30.

Joe

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I have to say now that I have my vaja case I am NEVER going to use my MacAlly Bookstand. The Bookstand just seems so ghetto by comparison.

Still waiting for my dodocase so that I can do a face-off between dodo and vaja.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
I would like to know how heavy this case is and how hard or easy is it to put the cover on and take it off? I like the look of them but am not sure about the design of a two piece cover? It seems cumbersome to me...

Macdicted

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2010
NYC > Tampa Bay
Personally I love the concept. You don't need a skin for protection/grip and you just snap the cover on when needed. No need for a skin and cover , you have both in one.

My question would be how thick/bulky is it when the cover is snapped on to the bottom ?

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Yes, could we get some edge-on shots with just the iPad + back, and iPad + back with cover snapped on?

Thanks - Greg

I took some additional photos. Again I'm not good with a camera so I hope these help. I tried a couple shots comparing it with an iPod touch and Blackberry 9700.

Overall I think the size is great. Around the house I typically leave the front off and then snap it on when I go out.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 83

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Yeow. It looks like it nearly triples the thickness of the Ipad with the top and bottom on.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!
and I do not think the speaker is blocked at all if the case was put on properly.
It's an expensive case and the company has a god reputation, so I doubt very much they would have mad such a grievous error.
Anyway, its a nice case too limited for what I would want a case for though!

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
At its thickest points I would say that the case (when both front and back are on) nearly double the thickness of the iPad. I don't have any problem with that personally.

The top of front has a wider lip that leaves the headset jack, microphone and power button exposed. The bottom of the font has narrower lip so that the port is covered, but 2/3 of the speaker is still exposed. I don't see this as a design flaw. Rather, if the lip was any narrower it wouldn't hold very well.

So far I have found the design to be just right :)

TNSF

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration!
and I do not think the speaker is blocked at all if the case was put on properly.
It's an expensive case and the company has a god reputation, so I doubt very much they would have mad such a grievous error.
Anyway, its a nice case too limited for what I would want a case for though!

The lid is on properly. The vaja logo is how you can tell, plus the wide section at the top properly exposes the headphone jack, mic and power button. Covering 1/3 of the speaker doesn't impact its usefulness from my experience. I can still hear notifications just fine.

Macdicted

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2010
NYC > Tampa Bay
Haha yes. In that picture the lid is on the back in storage mode because someone asked to see what it looked like while on the back.

No , your missing the point. You put the lid on the back with the wide edge on the bottom instead of the top.

Look again .... It's blocking 2+ speakers instead of only 1.

And it sure looks 3 times as thick to me , not double.

Good looking case but alot of extra bulk with the cover attached to the back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.