Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supaflyryan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I have one personal iTunes account for my computer, and it was hooked up to my iPhone as well. I downloaded a bunch of apps and everything was fine.

A few months ago, there was a problem connecting to the store via my phone when I tried to update my applications via the App Store iPhone app. I don't really remember what happened, but it resulted in me having to change the email address associated with my iTunes account.

All of my pre-downloaded apps remained, however they were purchased with my old email address. Anything I download now is associated with my new email address.

If I try to update the apps through iTunes on my computer, it will only recognize and update the applications purchased through my new email address.

Here's the weird part... when I try to Sign Out and re-login with my old email address, it says there is no account associated with it. However, if I right click on one of my old apps, it says right there in the Info that it was purchased through that old email address.

Any ideas?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Contact apple support they will sort it for you. I had the eaxact same issue and they resolved it buy making me delete all my apps and they set them to all redownload through the iTunes account settings.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I have one personal iTunes account for my computer, and it was hooked up to my iPhone as well. I downloaded a bunch of apps and everything was fine.

A few months ago, there was a problem connecting to the store via my phone when I tried to update my applications via the App Store iPhone app. I don't really remember what happened, but it resulted in me having to change the email address associated with my iTunes account.

All of my pre-downloaded apps remained, however they were purchased with my old email address. Anything I download now is associated with my new email address.

If I try to update the apps through iTunes on my computer, it will only recognize and update the applications purchased through my new email address.

Here's the weird part... when I try to Sign Out and re-login with my old email address, it says there is no account associated with it. However, if I right click on one of my old apps, it says right there in the Info that it was purchased through that old email address.

Any ideas?

Well did you make a whole new account or just change the email address. If the email address was changed, it is still the same account.. You should be able to update them free of charge. I would contact iTunes to just double check.

macfisheries

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2011
Changed iTunes/iPhone account email address, can't update old apps

Hi Gav2k, like the answer, but how do I contact Apple to sort it out? would be glad of your advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.