Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
i went in to att this morning and they said that every store maybe doing something different but at that store i can come in when they open at 7am on 6/24 and get my iphone 4. He also said that he was surprised I didn't see the att guide that was leaked on the internet by engadget for employees if att for what they need to do that day. I came home and found the guide and in it says that they are releasing on 6/24. So maybe everyone should contact their att store and actually see what they are doing.

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston
Yeah you can line up for it and get it on a first come, first served basis on the 24th. But if you preorder and want to pick it up, it will be available on the 25th.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm confused. Who said you wouldn't be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone 4 on the day it's released?

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
no they said if i preorder it i will be guaranteed to get it on the 24th from them. they said they will have two separate lines and once the preorder line is done, they will allow the people that are hoping to just walk in and get it go into the store.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I'm confused. Who said you wouldn't be able to walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone 4 on the day it's released?

people on here are saying that if you preorder the iphone from att for a store pickup, you cant get it until 6/25. i just wanted to let people know that they need to contact their store.

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston
no they said if i preorder it i will be guaranteed to get it on the 24th from them. they said they will have two separate lines and once the preorder line is done, they will allow the people that are hoping to just walk in and get it go into the store.

Yeah you can preorder it and pick it up in store, but if you want it shipped to a store of your choosing instead of your residence/business, then you have to wait until the 25th.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
no i can get it from the store on the 24th. thats what im saying. i can physically walk into the store on the 24th and get my iphone.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
no i can get it from the store on the 24th. thats what im saying. i can physically walk into the store on the 24th and get my iphone.
Sorry but NO, not for a pre-order unless or untill AT&T announces and official change based on ????

No, you might be able to get one from your local AT&T COR location on June 24. Did you really read the "Lauch Day Experience" Documents. Every COR store is required to follow the same proceedure... :(

Nobody here said you could not go to an AT&T COR location on June 24 and purchase an iPhone 4. :confused:

You can line up outside an AT&T store in a single line, when the door opens at 7 AM they will take customers, one at a time and direct them to a RSC that can help them with and AT&T related request: purchase an iPhone 4, purchase a flip phone, pay a bill, order U-verese... you get the idea.

Someone at the door will be watching the activity and the line will be notified when the Launch Day inventory stock has been sold or shortly before they expect to run out. Last year, they let hundreds line up only when they knew that they had a limited stock in many, many store....:mad: There were near riots in some locations.

Please go re-read the document you reference and you will see that there is no metion of how to handle those "Special" pre-order customers that show up a day early on June 24 and there is a reason for that....

Even better, post the store number and I am sure was can get them hooked up with the correct Corporate Proceedure so they don't get fired for a violation of the AT&T Code of Business Conduct (CoBC). :eek:

Dave

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
if u search the forum you will find tons of people claiming you cant walk into att on the 24th if u preorder and get your iphone. they are all saying the 25th. plus i didnt read the document and it does say about the 24th in it.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
This year is not last year. There is a new procedure. AT&T COR stores will have a large inventory of iPhones just like Apple stores. People arriving before 7AM will line up, just like they will at Apple stores. Upon opening, phones will be sold just like they will in Apple stores. Both Apple & AT&T have worked together as the partners they are, to maximize the number of iPhones sold on day one & every day thereafter.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I think what the OP is saying is that regardless of what the official ATT news release is, it would be prudent for one to check with their local ATT store to find out what that particular manager says he is doing at his individual store. Some managers do what they want and do not follow the "Recommended" prcedure. I know this from working retail a long time ago. Not at ATT mind you, but some managers don't always follow the rules.
He's just saying, check and see.
What could that hurt anyways?

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
I think what the OP is saying is that regardless of what the official ATT news release is, it would be prudent for one to check with their local ATT store to find out what that particular manager says he is doing at his individual store. Some managers do what they want and do not follow the "Recommended" prcedure. I know this from working retail a long time ago. Not at ATT mind you, but some managers don't always follow the rules.
He's just saying, check and see.
What could that hurt anyways?

exactly. it cant hurt but seriously... why would att not release it on the 24th... think about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.