Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
Original poster
May 22, 2009
D.C.
I called Best Buy: Confirmed - They ARE getting white iPhones
I called Apple: Confirmed - They ARE getting white iPhones

Fell free to contact your local retail places to see if they will have it.

omizzle

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2009

I hope to god this is true...I decided yesterday that White was what I was going to get and now the bad news...

Dark K

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Let's just hope that Radioshack does, I'm checking with them tommorow, thanks for checking up Best Buy, I know where to go then if Radioshack doesn't have the white version.

L3MON

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
does this apply to pre-order from apple.com for home delivery?! I want the white iPhone SO bad, I'm gonna be really upset if I got my hopes up for all this time and now I can't get what I want and have $ to pay for :(

sjsharks13

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
does this apply to pre-order from apple.com for home delivery?! I want the white iPhone SO bad, I'm gonna be really upset if I got my hopes up for all this time and now I can't get what I want and have $ to pay for :(

wow......

YES

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
It seems like white models are having some issues on manufacturing or apple is having trouble making them. I hope not...
But, I don't want to take a chance and I will be ordering from apple as long as they can ship it to my house.

rrjr80

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not getting my hopes up until I actually have my phone. It wouldn't shock me to find out that Best Buy employees simply haven't been informed of the limited supply of white phones yet. Hell, even an Apple store employee told me last year that they often don't find out about such issues until the last minute, and that's Apple themselves. While I think they will at least be available from Apple in white, there likely won't be that many to sell for those that didn't preorder. The Apple store last year announced right before they opened their doors that white 3GS phones were only available for preorders.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Don't take what your local BB said to heart. This is still developing and we'll find out more tonight or tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was the only one selling the white iPhone. Why would BB get it and AT&T wouldn't?

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Don't take what your local BB said to heart. This is still developing and we'll find out more tonight or tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was the only one selling the white iPhone. Why would BB get it and AT&T wouldn't?

I completely agree with this idea. It seems like Apple wants to either sell iphone white exclusively from apple store and apple.com at launch. It could be issues with white iphones itself.

After I am hearing this, I will not buy iphones from any 3rd party retailers. I am going with apple and I will order online.

wiihacker17

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2010
!!!!!just called!!!!!!!

I just called the apple store in Miami, the falls area they told me they will have it for pre-order and on the 24th, called the 611 on my phone and spoke to 2 deferent people both telling me that it was all false that the white and black models will be available on pre-order as well as on the 24th. went to radio-shack that is a block away from my house and they too told me they would be reserving both and have it available on the 24th at the store, none of that shipping to your house/ getting it a week later b.s people mention. (yes 1 day more waiting = 7 days for someone without his/her iphone lmao) so chill will all have ower white i-phones with bumpers :apple: ;) :apple:

Dark K

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I just called the apple store in Miami, the falls area they told me they will have it for pre-order and on the 24th, called the 611 on my phone and spoke to 2 deferent people both telling me that it was all false that the white and black models will be available on pre-order as well as on the 24th. went to radio-shack that is a block away from my house and they too told me they would be reserving both and have it available on the 24th at the store, none of that shipping to your house/ getting it a week later b.s people mention. (yes 1 day more waiting = 7 days for someone without his/her iphone lmao) so chill will all have ower white i-phones with bumpers :apple: ;) :apple:

Hope that's true, although the bumpers look sexy with the phone, I think I am better off with a $25 iTunes gift card.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
I called ATT and talked with the Supervisor and the sales department and they both said that they are going to have white iPhones on launch day

gadgetgirlnyc

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Sorry guys no White Iphones.

Good Afternoon Everybody:

I just called 2 of my local Best Buy stores & was informed they will not be getting the white iphone4, nor will Apple, AT&T or Radio Shack :(. However; both did confirm by the ending of July all of the retail stores should have them. Of course Apple will be getting them much earlier.

This really is a disappointment, because I had my heart set on getting the white one. Now I will have to wait.

gadgetgirlnyc

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Update on WHITE iPhone.

Just got off the phone with an AT&T representative. I was told that Apple will start selling the White iphone as soon as the black gets sold out :confused:, which they are anticipating will be soon, because of all the pre-orders. I don't know how reliable this is. Still have not been able to reach anybody at Apple. :rolleyes:

youngsunnz

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008

Confirmed for Best Buy as well. I went into best buy mobile and they guaranteed my fiance and I that she will get the white iPhone 4 on launch date for the iPhone 4. I know she knows what she was talking about because she is the headhonco of the store...So go and get the white one from Best Buy, Apple must be losing alot of customers becuase they arent selling the white ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.