Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:09 PM   #101
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyisgreat View Post
Sorry tbayrgs , but I agree with AbSoluTc lol.
Either way you cut it, it's funny.
whynot83706 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:14 PM   #102
Gatorsxrule
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

For real. Pics later.
Man, I gotta congratulate you for actually doing XD
Gatorsxrule is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:15 PM   #103
aluren
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmusicman94 View Post
That would be nice, getting a free iPhone my camping out for a week. It's worth it.
He should probably fake a heat exhaustion to make things more dramatic. Then Apple will give him a white iPhone 4 for free.
aluren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:19 PM   #104
AbSoluTc
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluren View Post
He should probably fake a heat exhaustion to make things more dramatic. Then Apple will give him a white iPhone 4 for free.
Lol.

Hopefully Geckotek can get more info. Would be cool to know what he is getting if anything and what his plans are.

SUP JUSTIN!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:25 PM   #105
iMoo
macrumors regular

Maybe he found out that due to shortages, each Apple shop will only be selling a White iPhone to it's first customer
iMoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:31 PM   #106
jwagoner

Message from the camper.

Greeting to everyone from your famous camper! This is my first official post for MacRumors. One of the users printed off a copy of the thread and brought it to me and I thought it would be fun to join the conversation.

Some would say I am crazy, but I say I'm a very determined fan. In fact I just might be one the biggest Apple fans you will actually meet. I have been the first costumer for this store since 2008 when the iPhone 3G was released.

Normally I only camp out over night, but since I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder and I am not in school at the point, I figure I just make it a fun experience and do it for a week.

Yes I did reserve a phone, but again, I'm doing it for a fun experience. I haven't had a trip or vacation in past 10 years so I figured I make it a full week camping trip.

My setup and location has everything I could need to live for a week, even in the Texas heat. Tent is packed with a sleeping gear, a chair, full ice chest of drinks and food, and the Apple staff have been very nice to me treating me like a king. LOL I also brought a extension power cord for phone charging and things that need power. There is even a portable toilet around the back of the store if needed.

That been said, I'm actually doing really well out here. If anyone gets a chance, come join the fun!

Justin
jwagoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:33 PM   #107
Eddyisgreat
macrumors 601

//thread
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:33 PM   #108
AbSoluTc
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagoner View Post
Greeting to everyone from your famous camper! This is my first official post for MacRumors. One of the users printed off a copy of the thread and brought it to me and I thought it would be fun to join the conversation.

Some would say I am crazy, but I say I'm a very determined fan. In fact I just might be one the biggest Apple fans you will actually meet. I have been the first costumer for this store since 2008 when the iPhone 3G was released.

Normally I only camp out over night, but since I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder and I am not in school at the point, I figure I just make it a fun experience and do it for a week.

Yes I did reserve a phone, but again, I'm doing it for a fun experience. I haven't had a trip or vacation in past 10 years so I figured I make it a full week camping trip.

My setup and location has everything I could need to live for a week, even in the Texas heat. Tent is packed with a sleeping gear, a chair, full ice chest of drinks and food, and the Apple staff have been very nice to me treating me like a king. LOL I also brought a extension power cord for phone charging and things that need power. There is even a portable toilet around the back of the store if needed.

That been said, I'm actually doing really well out here. If anyone gets a chance, come join the fun!

Justin

Welcome Justin!

Sounds like fun. You should post some pictures throughout the week. Would be awesome!

Keep us updated!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:33 PM   #109
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMoo View Post
Maybe he found out that due to shortages, each Apple shop will only be selling a White iPhone to it's first customer
Maybe white bumper....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:35 PM   #110
StevenT42
macrumors 6502

Have fun, Justin! Me, I'm a wimp and will just wait for FedEx to arrive on Thursday.

- Steve
StevenT42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:35 PM   #111
amps
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut` View Post
What do you even DO for a week with nothing but a tent and a chair?
Drink.
amps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:36 PM   #112
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Justin
Hey Justin........post some photos, there are over 6 pages of posts about you
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:38 PM   #113
jwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amps View Post
Drink.
Actually I don't drink alcohol, but I do have plenty of water along with tons of music, games and a drawing pad with me.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:39 PM   #114
D4ND4N
Banned

Quote:

Justin

PROVE YOUR WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE? and I think it'll be fine
D4ND4N is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:39 PM   #115
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502

still better than
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:39 PM   #116
jwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot83706 View Post
Hey Justin........post some photos, there are over 6 pages of posts about you
What do you want photos of and how do you post them to a the form? I'm new here.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:39 PM   #117
markel253
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynikal View Post
unfortunately i live in one of the biggest cities in the world, nyc.. so camping out may be required (and very early in advance).. not sure which site/store would work best.
Best NYC Apple Store for lines? I suggest the one that I will be waiting at (for my reserved iPhone) ... the one in the Staten Island mall.
markel253 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:41 PM   #118
eyyyephone4
macrumors newbie

Dude, Justin, What if you happen to have a seizure out there in that heat? Just asking. Will you be OK?
eyyyephone4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:41 PM   #119
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
still better than
OMG I remember that guy, he had 2 min of fame for being fat and stupid.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:43 PM   #120
BlueGummiBear
macrumors 6502a

Location: Bouncing here, bouncing there, bouncing everywhere!
Justin do you get free wi-fi from the Apple store? Have a MacBook? You could post a video blog on YouTube. Do some interviews with onlookers and Apple employees.
BlueGummiBear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:44 PM   #121
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:
What do you want photos of and how do you post them to a the form? I'm new here.
Just post a photo of your setup or tenet.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:44 PM   #122
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

/facepalm. That guy is a loser.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:44 PM   #123
jwagoner

Pic of myself to prove its me.

Pic of myself inside the Apple Store.

Last edited by jwagoner; Jul 13, 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:46 PM   #124
jwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahenriksen View Post
Justin do you get free wi-fi from the Apple store? Have a MacBook? You could post a video blog on YouTube. Do some interviews with onlookers and Apple employees.
I have free unlimited WiFi, but it's just my iPhone 3GS that I have with me. No laptop. I'll do my best to keep up until the store closes at 9:00PM Central Time.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:46 PM   #125
whynot83706
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Pic of myself inside the Apple Store.
Cool, have fun camping man.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone