Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rda990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I just bought an iPhone 3G,i saw that it still had contacts on the phone so i decided to "Format/Erase" the whole thing from the Settings menu (Option that takes about "1 hour" to complete).When it was done,it booted up and asked me to insert a sim,thats when i knew i screwed up.I dont have AT&T/AT&T sim card.I have a couple of Nextel/Boost sims but non of them worked -_-.Is there a software way to bypass this? I heard of "hacktivate" but i don't think i can jailbreak it because of the firmware.If i bought a prepaid gophone from at&t and put it in there would it work/take me to the home screen??What if i borrow a freinds sim card and just put it in and take it out?Also to the jailbreaking since it is stuck at the "Connect to iTunes" screen,i cant check the baseband but im sure the firmware is 3.1.3.So i downloaded a program called "The Firmware Umbrella" that tells me all the info (Baseband/firmware) and turns out im on firmware 3.1.3 (7E18) and BaseBand "05.12.01 - 6.4_M3S2". After searching i THINK there is not yet a jailbreak :( but is there a way to bypass the screen to make it functional without the need of a "sim"?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Yu can jailbreak and hacktivate using Redsn0w 0.9.4. That will solve your problems. You can then unlock using blacksn0w. I suggest an iClarified tutorial.

rda990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Yu can jailbreak and hacktivate using Redsn0w 0.9.4. That will solve your problems. You can then unlock using blacksn0w. I suggest an iClarified tutorial.

I know that but I thought you couldn't jailbreak a 3.1.3FW 05.12.01BB iPhone?

rda990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010

YO! IT WORKED! DAMN! Wait up...i thought it couldn't be hacked? the 3.1.3FW 05.12.01BB type iPhones yet?

rda990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Oh i think it can be JAILBROKEN but not UNLOCKED as i have Cydia right now but when i install blackra1n it always gives me and error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.