Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harryhood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
I have an iPhone 3G. I am going to back it up, take out the sim card and sell it, the night before I get my iPhone 4 in the mail.

I wanted to make sure that this was correct. All I have to do is toss my old sim card in my new iPhone 4 and plug it into my computer and I can set it up right?

I just want to make sure because there are no Apple stores within 800 miles of me... :)

iManny

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
I have an iPhone 3G. I am going to back it up, take out the sim card and sell it, the night before I get my iPhone 4 in the mail.

I wanted to make sure that this was correct. All I have to do is toss my old sim card in my new iPhone 4 and plug it into my computer and I can set it up right?

I just want to make sure because there are no Apple stores within 800 miles of me... :)

Thats gonna be hard considering the iphone 4 uses a micro sim, i believe when you hook the new iphone to the itunes it will ask you if you want to restore your last iphone to the new one though.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Thats gonna be hard considering the iphone 4 uses a micro sim, i believe when you hook the new iphone to the itunes it will ask you if you want to restore your last iphone to the new one though.

And to further this, iTunes will also activate your new phone with your current number. No swapping SIMs. ;)

nparmelee

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2008
And unless you really know the person you are selling your iPhone to, you probably should delete all the existing data before handing it over. Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Content and Settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.