Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:32 PM   #1
XxkoolloserxX
macrumors newbie

Northpark Mall in Dallas, Texas

Anyone?
XxkoolloserxX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 07:51 PM   #2
tylermcfarland
macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about it. I live in Longview, Texas so I'm quite a bit away. But I figure the experience will be a lot better than at an AT&T Store. Has anyone ever been to an iPhone launch at a Apple Store? Is it worth the drive?
tylermcfarland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2010, 11:52 PM   #3
Mademan12321
macrumors 6502

I'll be there

I think I'm going there. Southlake is way too yuppieish for me to go too. Everyone walks around with there nose 60 ft up in the air. I went to the Northpark one last year and was in and out pretty quick with a good group of people.
Mademan12321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 08:59 AM   #4
gwfattwkr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermcfarland View Post
I'm thinking about it. I live in Longview, Texas so I'm quite a bit away. But I figure the experience will be a lot better than at an AT&T Store. Has anyone ever been to an iPhone launch at a Apple Store? Is it worth the drive?
apple store much better, more excitement they even opened up 1 hour early last year at northpark.
gwfattwkr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:16 AM   #5
cmschmidt
macrumors 6502

The NorthPark store is a good choice. I waited in line here for the 1st gen. Waited in line for the 3g at the Knox/Mckinney store. Being inside an air conditioned mall (northpark) beats standing in 100 degree heat for 10 hours anyday.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:24 PM   #6
dhjapple89
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmschmidt View Post
The NorthPark store is a good choice. I waited in line here for the 1st gen. Waited in line for the 3g at the Knox/Mckinney store. Being inside an air conditioned mall (northpark) beats standing in 100 degree heat for 10 hours anyday.
cmschmidt do they let you line up inside at NorthPark the night before?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:08 AM   #7
homrb
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhjapple89 View Post
yeah ive been wondering that too, i asked this same thing in the dallas thread
homrb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:09 AM   #8
homrb
macrumors regular

cmschmidt, is schmidt your last name? because thats mine!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:29 PM   #9
drjdan
macrumors newbie

Time at counter

Once you are to the counter, how long before your ready to leave?
drjdan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:07 PM   #10
jdmac
macrumors newbie

I have a "reservation" at the Northpark store so I'll be there bright and early to pick mine up. I just need to figure out when we can get into the mall . . . I think it "technically" doesn't open until 6am.

Last edited by jdmac; Jun 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: stupid
jdmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:09 PM   #11
jdmac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan12321 View Post
I think I'm going there. Southlake is way too yuppieish for me to go too. Everyone walks around with there nose 60 ft up in the air. I went to the Northpark one last year and was in and out pretty quick with a good group of people.
haha. Northpark is quite superior to Southlake Town Center.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:07 AM   #12
homrb
macrumors regular

Quote:
I went to talk to them today. 2 lines (of course) and you have to wait outside but they open the doors at 5 AM
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:52 AM   #13
dahveed
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac View Post
haha. Northpark is quite superior to Southlake Town Center.
HAHAHAHA, Agreed.
dahveed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:23 PM   #14
jdmac
macrumors newbie

okay, well then I'll be there at 5:15 AM (gotta get Starbucks first and the first one in Dallas opens at 5) with reservation in hand!

Can't wait!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:29 PM   #15
CrockWalk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homrb View Post
I went to talk to them today. 2 lines (of course) and you have to wait outside but they open the doors at 5 AM
2 Lines for what? Reserved and walk-ins or what?
CrockWalk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:35 PM   #16
jdmac
macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm asking a really stupid question. What entrance will ya'll be lining up at? The one by the Nordstrom parking garage or the one over by Barney's New York? I'm guessing the Nordstrom garage one is closer but I don't really know . . .

eeeeeee. Can Thursday get here now?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:47 AM   #17
blindman23
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmac View Post
Okay, I'm asking a really stupid question. What entrance will ya'll be lining up at? The one by the Nordstrom parking garage or the one over by Barney's New York? I'm guessing the Nordstrom garage one is closer but I don't really know . . .

eeeeeee. Can Thursday get here now?
Same thing I was wondering, im headed to northpark with my old lady as soon as I get off work wednesday and need to know where the line will be! Gonna be a long night of waiting!
blindman23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 02:02 PM   #18
Lancao
macrumors newbie

I was told inside until mall close then outside but they said security may let us stay in through the night. I'm inside now waiting for company
Lancao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:00 PM   #19
Erikarogers
macrumors newbie

I as well just spoke with mall security and was told that the doors beside Maggiano's and Chico's would be opening at 5:00 a.m. This is my first wait in line launch day, does anyone have any suggestions or pointers for me? I have reserved my phone and called yesterday to make sure I was on the list and I am. Maybe I should bring some Starbucks for the people waiting in line with me!!
Erikarogers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:06 PM   #20
chromey
macrumors member

How's the line out there looking so far?
chromey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:20 PM   #21
dhjapple89
macrumors member

Spoke with Mall Security

Hey guys, I just called the Apple Store at NorthPark, and the lady that answered gave me some key information.

1. Mall Security will NOT let anyone camp inside the mall overnight. They WILL kick you out.

2. There is only 1 entrance that opens at 5AM, and it is not the one on the map at the beginning of this post. I have attached an updated map.

3. They will open the doors next to Maggiano's Little Italy, and keep order to the Apple store, so the order you get in outside the mall is the order you will get your iPhone 4.

4. The lady I spoke with said she did tell some people to go to the nearest entrance at the Apple store, but that entrance WILL NOT be unlocked until normal business hours.

***IMPORTANT INFO***

I called NorthPark Security to confirm about what doors will be unlocked/locked, and they did confirm that the doors on the NWY side next to Maggiano's will be the ONLY doors unlocked at 5AM. Furthermore, I asked about their camping rules, and she said that there will be ABSOLUTELY no camping anywhere on NorthPark property including sitting in your car in the parking lot. They have told their security officers to tell people to leave the property if they see anyone loitering in their cars near any entrances not just the Maggiano one.

Maybe sit in the Lincoln One parking lot????

It seems like it will be a mad dash to the Apple Store to create the line up. Thankfully I have a reservation...

Check attached map for updated location.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-06-23 at 6.22.38 PM.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	233155  

Last edited by dhjapple89; Jun 23, 2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Updated attachment; spelling errors
dhjapple89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:51 PM   #22
blindman23
macrumors newbie

What's everyone doing since you can't camp at the mall?
blindman23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 PM   #23
Erikarogers
macrumors newbie

I for one am glad that I reserved my phone from north park mall, it means that we don't have to camp out which I had no intentions of doing. We can all go in together!
Erikarogers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:05 AM   #24
cholo4mthe1uluv
macrumors member

Anyone in line? From what I understand there is no line. Mall Cops will not let people camp out? So I see a possible chance to get a phone, we were not able to reserve? Gonna drive over there around 4:30 hopefully we have a chance..
cholo4mthe1uluv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:07 AM   #25
cholo4mthe1uluv
macrumors member

Quote:
Hey guys, I just called the Apple Store at NorthPark, and the lady that answered gave me some key information.

1. Mall Security will NOT let anyone camp inside the mall overnight. They WILL kick you out.

2. There is only 1 entrance that opens at 5AM, and it is not the one on the map at the beginning of this post. I have attached an updated map.

3. They will open the doors next to Maggiano's Little Italy, and keep order to the Apple store, so the order you get in outside the mall is the order you will get your iPhone 4.

4. The lady I spoke with said she did tell some people to go to the nearest entrance at the Apple store, but that entrance WILL NOT be unlocked until normal business hours.

***IMPORTANT INFO***

I called NorthPark Security to confirm about what doors will be unlocked/locked, and they did confirm that the doors on the NWY side next to Maggiano's will be the ONLY doors unlocked at 5AM. Furthermore, I asked about their camping rules, and she said that there will be ABSOLUTELY no camping anywhere on NorthPark property including sitting in your car in the parking lot. They have told their security officers to tell people to leave the property if they see anyone loitering in their cars near any entrances not just the Maggiano one.

Maybe sit in the Lincoln One parking lot????

It seems like it will be a mad dash to the Apple Store to create the line up. Thankfully I have a reservation...

Check attached map for updated location.

Thanks.
Are u there? Was wondering whats going on. We were hoping we had a shot at this store to get a phone, unreserved..
cholo4mthe1uluv is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups