Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
Hi! I'd like to let you know about MindMash, a free brainstorming & note-taking application for the iPad. It's also the first iPad application from the Philippines.

MindMash aids in the creativity process by allowing the user to enter text and images and manipulate these "bits" in a visual & flexible manner.

With MindMash, you can:

• Brainstorm or make an "ideas mash-up" in a visual and creative manner through your iPad;
  • Add text and images from various sources & manipulate the data in your sheet;
  • Easily organize notes and thoughts
MindMash is a canvas for your ideas.

Please note that the initial version of MindMash supports only text & image bits. Future versions will add support for more types.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. You can also check out the official website for more info.

Thanks & have fun with your new iPad :)

Attachments

• mm-screen1.png
    mm-screen1.png
    390.5 KB · Views: 289

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.0.1 Out Now!

Wow, thanks for another quick approval Apple! MindMash 1.0.1 for the iPad out now; it includes the following fixes:
  • Addresses potential crash when pinching bits
  • Addresses potential crash when editing text bits
As always, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.0.2 Out Now

An important maintenance release for MindMash is available on the App Store now. It includes the following fixes & enhancements:

• Improved reliability of pinching to resize bits
  • Prevents another bit from being selected when the delete button is pressed
  • Addresses potential crash when switching between sheets
  • Addresses potential crash when undoing actions

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash v1.1 Out Now! Drawings, New Themes & More!

A major update to MindMash (v1.1) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:

• Adds support for drawing bits
  • Adds support for text bits with multiple paragraphs
  • Includes tweaked “Classic” theme and new “Zen” theme
  • Shows popover near image to be replaced instead of near the toolbar
  • Addresses potential problem when double-clicking adjacent bits
  • Minimizes chances of delete button being hidden unintentionally

As always, your feedback would be greatly appreciated ;)

ss_mm_3.png

UPDATE: A quick update (v1.1.1) has been submitted to Apple that addresses an issue with saving edited text bits. Sorry for that!

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash v1.1.1 Out Now!

A critical update to MindMash (v1.1.1) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:
  • Fixes problems with saving edited text bits
  • Addresses potential crash when pinching text bits

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash v1.1.2 Out Now!

A critical update to MindMash (v1.1.2) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:
  • Address potential crash upon invoking “undo”

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I just discovered this app. I really appreciate the deceptively simple but flexible interface. Is it possible to resize drawings like rectangles by pinching?

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
@nanohits Haven't really received any feedback from fellow forum members, AFAIK. Maybe you can try it out & let me know what you think :)

@sracer As of now, there's no way to resize drawings. I might include it in an update, not sure yet though.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
I like it! If there were a way to export, change the pen color and the paper color, I'd actually use it a lot. As it is, I can't and will stay with Mental Note, which is worse only because it doesn't allow image resizing.

I hate yellow paper and need to export as image/pdf. Change those problems and charge me a couple of dollars, I'll wait.

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.1.3 for iPad Out Now!

An important update to MindMash (v1.1.3) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:
  • Improved visibility of bits being dragged or pinched
  • Tweaked freeform drawing mode to minimize accidental drawings
  • Tweaked sheet load time to address potential crash on start-up & when switching between sheets

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
I like it! If there were a way to export, change the pen color and the paper color, I'd actually use it a lot. As it is, I can't and will stay with Mental Note, which is worse only because it doesn't allow image resizing.

I hate yellow paper and need to export as image/pdf. Change those problems and charge me a couple of dollars, I'll wait.

Thanks for the feedback! We're definitely working on data export/sync & ways to customize the text & drawing tools. About the yellow paper, have you tried the "Zen" theme? :)

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks for the feedback! We're definitely working on data export/sync & ways to customize the text & drawing tools. About the yellow paper, have you tried the "Zen" theme? :)

No, because I had no idea how to access it. After pressing "about" (not an obvious choice) I saw the option. So, Zen means normal white? Ok, I prefer it, thanks.

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash for iPad 1.1.4 Available Now!

A very important update to MindMash (v1.1.4) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:
  • Improved checking of bit integrity upon saving & loading of sheets
  • Improved reliability of pinching to resize bits
  • Hides photo albums popover when tapping drawing icon

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash for iPad v1.1.5 Out Now!

A critical update to MindMash (v1.1.5) is available on the App Store now. It includes the following enhancements & fixes:
  • Tweaked pinching & dragging to improve reliability & optimize memory usage
  • Addresses issue of clearing sheet when drawing mode is active

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash for iPad v1.1.6 Out Now!

MindMash (v1.1.6), available on the App Store for free, now supports iOS 4.2 multitasking on your iPad. As always, your feedback would be greatly appreciated ;)

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash v1.2 Out Now! Share ideas on Facebook, Twitter & more!

Yay! MindMash (v1.2) is now available on the App Store. This major update includes the ability to share your ideas on Facebook & Twitter. For those on iOS 4.2, output to Print Center is also supported. It includes the following fixes & enhancements:
  • Adds option to export sheet to Facebook, Twitter, E-mail & Photos
  • Adds support for iOS 4.2 Printing
  • Adds support for changing theme without restart
  • Changed “About” to “Gear” to designate new settings for export

mindmash_new1.png

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.2.1 Out Now

Happy New Year everyone! :)

An update to MindMash (v1.2.1) is now available on the App Store. It includes the following fixes & enhancements:
  • Removes “Logged into Facebook” message when user cancels log-in through Facebook SSO
  • Changed image extension to PNG to prevent problems when opening exported attachments

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash v1.2.2 adds iPad 2 Camera support

An update to MindMash (v1.2.2) is now available on the App Store. It includes support for the cameras on the iPad 2.

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.2.6 Available Now

Thanks for the quick approval Apple! MindMash 1.2.6 is available on the App Store now. This update fixes a nasty drawing bug on iOS 5 & tweaks the drawing code for better performance as well. Enjoy ;)

filjedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Philippines
MindMash 1.2.7 Available Now

MindMash 1.2.7 is available on the App Store now. This update fixes a drawing display bug after restoring from the database. Enjoy ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.