Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I have the iPhone 3G and after upgraded to ios4 now the iPad charger is not working anymore. I don't know on 3Gs or 4.

Just to let you know

frankowen

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2007
I've been having the same problem with my 3G. If I attach the iphone to the ipad adapter, it seems to recognize that the charger is connected, but the charge indicator never budges, no matter how long I let it charge. If I switch to the iphone charger, or use a USB port on my computer, it tops up just fine... weird.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I've been having the same problem with my 3G. If I attach the iphone to the ipad adapter, it seems to recognize that the charger is connected, but the charge indicator never budges, no matter how long I let it charge. If I switch to the iphone charger, or use a USB port on my computer, it tops up just fine... weird.

Same exact problem. If you turn the phone off then on you might find it completely charged after all.

MikeTemple

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2010
In the cloud
I had the same problem. When I charged my iPhone 3G either from a charger or the USB port on my Mac. The charge bar wouldn't budge out of the red.

I did a reset on my iPhone (hold down Home and on/off until the Apple symbol displayed), and it came back with a full charge showing, and hasn't had the problem since.

I think it's a bug in IOS4.

ateganda29

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
@MikeTemple -- since resetting your iphone 3g, have you encountered the problem of the battery level not showing as fully charged even if it is using an ipad charger? i jut noticed that problem on my iphone 3g with iOS4. it would charge using the ipad charger but the battery level won't show that. however, the battery icon on top right will show you that it's fully charged and stopped charging. so far, if i turn it on and off, the battery icon will show the correct charge. i was wondering if resetting will fix that bug completely. i would like to know. thanks in advance!

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
iPad charger apparently not charging iPhone 3g

I am having the same problem in that both of my iPad chargers do not seem charge either my UK or French 3G iPhones. Both iPhones are on the very buggy and slow iOS4. Resetting does seem to have solved the issue for me as well.
Wilson

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Spoke too soon

I am having the same problem in that both of my iPad chargers do not seem charge either my UK or French 3G iPhones. Both iPhones are on the very buggy and slow iOS4. Resetting does seem to have solved the issue for me as well.
Wilson

Whilst resetting does cure the issue on the 3G for that charge, at the next charge, the issue reappears. I will log a bug report with Apple.
Wilson

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.