Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makeitpop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Does anyone else have one?

Got mine today, the last one in the UK and quite possible the world I was told! Apparently they only had around 25 cases per flagship store and they're all sold out now until September.

It's incredible. Feels so, so good. The leather is amazing and it just looks so sleek.

Great buy!

makeitpop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Here we are. Sorry I had to tak them in the bathroom as it's dark here in London and that's the brightest room in the house!

So there are 3 models available, a beige one, a black rubber one and then this black embossed leather one which I got.

The embossed leather is some new 'technology' and this is the first time they've used it in their products apparently. It's basically hot-pressed leather which is then debossed with the logos and then polished to a matte finish.

The pictures attached don't do it justice because the lights are so bright but it's stunning in real life. Because of the matte finish though, if your hands get a bit hot after playing with your iPad and then you put it away, the sweat does get attracted to the leather and you get a kinda glossy effect which then fades away slowly. It's quite cool.

The iPad fits snug inside and there's a suede lining so it's really soft and just slides in and out easily. The fastener at the end is leather as well and just zips into place on velcro. Really simple and smart design.

I know it's not for everyone as it costs a lot, this one is the top model and costs nearly half a basic iPad! But it'll last me for a few years and I wanted to treat myself!

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 94

raymond lin

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
Gucci + Velcro = does not compute.

I expect velcro to be used on $10 cases/bags or anything that's cheap. Gucci is a premium brand thus putting velcro on it cheapens it for me.

gucciipad

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
not worth it. even though i love gucci. id rather have a gucci bag to carry around my ipad. im still waiting for the right one.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
The nerve of these companies. "Let's stitch together two pieces of material and make a pocket. Then let's put a flap on it and sell for $$$"

Ridiculous. Louis Vuitton is guilty of this too. They have a similar case coming out for a similar price and it doesn't even have a flap to close it.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
Gucci + Velcro = does not compute.

I expect velcro to be used on $10 cases/bags or anything that's cheap. Gucci is a premium brand thus putting velcro on it cheapens it for me.

Yeah, velcro looks cheap, plus it won't hold up with daily use. The bag has very little protection at the top, they should have used a flip cover.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Looks nice, but I prefer a folio case. I have a Vaja Case on order.

Probably not known in the fashion industry, but I think it looks nice and seems to have all the features I wanted in a folio case.

I've looked at a couple Gucci bags, but nothing has caught my interest yet. I'm currently using a Bottega Veneta messenger bag and LOVE it!

makeitpop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
To be honest, I would have agreed with you all about the velcro, but having a snap button or clip could potentially damage the screen over time. The velcro strap limits any pressure to basically nothing.

I'm not a power user so I guess my qualifications for a case are completely different from a lot of you.

I only use my iPad at home, so will just be using the case for putting it away or when I'm travelling on a plane or using it abroad. I never bring it out with me as it's just a Wifi model.

So really, this is perfect for someone like me. But I can see where some of you are coming from.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Must admit, it looks a bit like a posh hot water bottle!

Each to their own though, I've been slated enough on here for my Piel Frama case...

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Here we are. Sorry I had to take them in the bathroom as it's dark here in London and that's the brightest room in the house!!

Indeed the gas lamps that line the foggy streets of olde London town do make it a dark place and breeding ground for criminals fortunate for us we have Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson to keep us safe.

PS I wrote this by candle light in the parlour.

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles
Must admit, it looks a bit like a posh hot water bottle!

Each to their own though, I've been slated enough on here for my Piel Frama case...

Looks like something else too. Usually hangs from a shower rod, with a tube and nozzle coming out of the bottom.

aerv91

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I was looking at this on gucci's web site I think I might pre order it thanks for the pic's it looks great, and it will match the iPhone case!

surferchick2

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
Fidalgo Island, WA
Temple street market in hong kong will be flooded with these very shortly.

Probably, but it still didn't stop me from buying an iPad. Atleast I know mine's real.

To the OP, congrats on your purchase! I love it. Since there's a rubber one, is it from their Twirl collection? You should post it on the purse forum, they appreciate high end accessories and there's a big ipad following also. I'd consider one, but I need a stand combo, rather than a sleeve....but it's nice to look at. If they ever come out with a Balenciaga case, I might have to splurge though. Thanks for posting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.