Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
I just brought my new iPhone 4 home, and started syncing it. To my chagrin, I realized that I have more music than the 16GB can fit. So, I unchecked all of the tracks that I don't really listen to. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where to tell the phone to only sync the tracks that are selected. I remember this used to be pretty easy. Please let me know, I would appreciate your help.

Otherwise, it's a pretty fun toy. :)

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
That's a pretty clunky solution, unfortunately. There must be a better way... Right? Thanks for the quick reply, friend.

myfoneisdank

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
when you plug in the phone, click on the phone, in the summary section there should be a check box that says "sync only selected music files"

check that off and you're good to go my man

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
That is the fabled button I'm looking for, but it isn't under the "Music" tab in the phone, or any other tab for that matter.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
Oh wow, I didn't even notice the scroll bar on the summary page. Thanks for the tips, have a good night. Now, I just have to shave off 500 songs... I wish that problem was as easily solved! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.