Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyclone Chris

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
For some reason I can click on my bars and it swaps from bars to dbm on my iphone 4. This has happened ever since I had backed up my Jailbroken 3GS while it was showing dbm.

Every restore from backup (non jailbroken) from there on out resulted in the dbm option without punching in any type of code.

It's weird, but I love it. I noticed that the iPhone 4 sometimes shows 2 bars at -113.

ejfraser

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
Well, this used to work, but now it doesn't seem to be.

But give it a shot either way I guess:

Access the iPhone’s Field Test mode by typing *3001#12345#* in the phone’s keypad and press dial. This will bring up the Field Test menu.

link575

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
Use ^ that sequence but on a phone with lower than iOS4 and while in the field test mode
if on 3.x.x hold sleep button until it prompts to shut off then let go and hold the home button until it force quits the field test mode.
if on 2.x.x hold home button until force quit

make a back up on itunes and then restore from that back up on the iphone 4. You will just need to touch the signal to switch between bars and dBm

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
RF meter/multimeter. Bench test or using the machines that were used in production.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.