Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greyman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Hi all, I recently upgraded from a 3g iphone to a iphone4. Well, i didn't buy my 3G from AT&T, and didn't pay my data plan -- I installed one of the fake profiles that changes the APN settings on the old phone (basically blocking all data). Well, I think this was a part of the backup I used when I sync'ed my new phone up, so 3G doesn't work now (I am now paying for the data plan), Is there a way to remove this fake APN profile (unlock.co.nz) so that my data will no longer be blocked?

I get this error in safari 'Cannot connect to the internet because you are not subscribed to a cellular data plan.

Am I just going to have to restore, and treat this as a new phone?

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
Don't know if this helps, but are you able to get to

settings > general > profiles

That's where developer profiles get installed, just wondered if this profile gets installed there too? If so, you can remove it here. Otherwise yeah, you're probably going to have to restore.

greyman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Don't know if this helps, but are you able to get to

settings > general > profiles

That's where developer profiles get installed, just wondered if this profile gets installed there too? If so, you can remove it here. Otherwise yeah, you're probably going to have to restore.

settings>general> profiles isn't an option... there is not 'profiles' button there.

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
settings>general> profiles isn't an option... there is not 'profiles' button there.

Then I'm out of ideas, sorry.
The profiles button appears here if that helps:
pfAP5.png

edt: Holy crap iPhone4 screenshots are big... gimmie a sec!
edt2: Smaller screenshot attached.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.