Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
I just listened to two NPR podcasts that I downloaded yesterday (Wait,Wait,Don't Tell Me, and Car Talk) and BOTH of them sounded like they were playing back at higher than normal speed. Pitch of the theme music was high, and the voices had a slight "chipmunk" quality.
These were the first two podcast downloads I made following the new OS "upgrade"--note the quotations...
Anyone else finding this?

(BTW-- these are both VERY funny shows, in case you're not familiar with them.)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Tap on your screen while they are playing, and you should get the scrubber bar, along with option icons, including 30 second rewind, and multiplier. It can be set to 1X, 1 1/2X and 2X. Tap on it to toggle between speeds. It can easily be turned on accidentally.

TEG

Scathach

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
I have been having the same problem since updating to the new os, only it is when I am watching video. My video sound keeps on switching from fast to slow. I really hope there is an update, I am really regretting downloading the new os :(

Brewerpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Clifton Park,NY
Tap on your screen while they are playing, and you should get the scrubber bar, along with option icons, including 30 second rewind, and multiplier. It can be set to 1X, 1 1/2X and 2X. Tap on it to toggle between speeds. It can easily be turned on accidentally.

TEG

Hey, now that I know about it, that's a cool feature. Thanks.

pgeres

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2013
ipod playing too fast in car through usb port

I just got a new Buick Verano and am having trouble playing audiobooks on my Ipod through the car's usb port. It plays the book so fast it sounds like chipmunks talking. I found out by playing around that if I go back to the Ipod menu and play ANY song and then go back to my book it plays in normal speed. This is so frustrating, though! To have to start the book, stop it, go back into the menu to play a few seconds of a song and then go back to the book..... has anyone else had this problem:mad:?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.