Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suzanne5ive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Looking for a charger/battery backup for my new iPhone 4. Its gotta be light-weight, compact, and of course be able to charge the phone at a decent speed and with enough power to make it through the day. I'm flexible on pricing. If its worth the money, I'll buy it. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thx. I've seen ones made by Griffin, Kensington, Richard Solo. But i still have no idea which one would be the best.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
My satechi one came. Its beautiful. It comes with a charging wire (not pictured).

0GTWul.jpg

1kFBUl.jpg

zdychl.jpg

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I have the Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster. 5000mAh of USB powering goodness.

Model: KBC-L2S

p619255336-2.jpg

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Can I ask where you saw this @? I can't find any reputable vendors online.

I bought it from Costco a while back :)

I learned later that the star in the upper right signifies "the last shipment" or something like that. I was in Costco about two weeks ago and didn't see it (I don't go often).

p699997268-3.jpg

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
I found an eBay seller (in the US - Georgia) selling knockoff Apple tiny block AC adapters for $3.99 shipped with a cable.

I got one yesterday and both work fine. Surprisingly decent build quality for knockoffs.

I ordered two of the Monoprice 1900m backups. We'll see how they work.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I bought it from Costco a while back :)

I learned later that the star in the upper right signifies "the last shipment" or something like that. I was in Costco about two weeks ago and didn't see it (I don't go often).

must be discontinued then. I remember a few months back when costco had the Eneloop battery pack (like 12 AA/AAA cells) + a charger + battery adapters for around 19 bucks, at a time when the four pack of AA went for +10 bucks. Legendary when bundled with the BC-700 charger

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Eddyisgreat said:
must be discontinued then. I remember a few months back when costco had the Eneloop battery pack (like 12 AA/AAA cells) + a charger + battery adapters for around 19 bucks, at a time when the four pack of AA went for +10 bucks. Legendary when bundled with the BC-700 charger
I bought that as well :D

wattsja

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009

suzanne5ive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Looks sleek for the amount of power it supplies! How is it working out for you?

I actually think I found something. its by Mophie. the Juice Pack Reserve. it hasnt been out for very long. i've seen great reviews for the Mophie Juice Pack and Juice Pack Air cases for 3G/GS. it even comes with a carabiner keychain. havent gotten to fully test it yet, but so far i'm liking it. it charges quickly, just havent timed it, or checked to c how much % wise, that it charges up the phone. i'll post comments on it when i finally do.

Heres the link for it:

http://www.mophie.com/product-p/1135_jpu-reserve.htm

LittleRedBird

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
I actually think I found something. its by Mophie. the Juice Pack Reserve. it hasnt been out for very long. i've seen great reviews for the Mophie Juice Pack and Juice Pack Air cases for 3G/GS. it even comes with a carabiner keychain. havent gotten to fully test it yet, but so far i'm liking it. it charges quickly, just havent timed it, or checked to c how much % wise, that it charges up the phone. i'll post comments on it when i finally do.

Heres the link for it:

http://www.mophie.com/product-p/1135_jpu-reserve.htm

Love the overall portability of this product, especially the retractable connector pins! Thanks for the link. I'm still wrestling with the price, having seen some 1900 mAh chargers on Amazon for $15-$20. However, you get what you pay for and the reviews on those aren't all good. I've heard good things about Mophie's products, though. Decisions!

Thought I'd share some coupon codes I found online for Mophie. Hopefully I'm getting them to you before you placed your order!

craze10 for 10% off purchases >$79.95
craze05 for 5% off any purchase

suzanne5ive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Love the overall portability of this product, especially the retractable connector pins! Thanks for the link. I'm still wrestling with the price, having seen some 1900 mAh chargers on Amazon for $15-$20. However, you get what you pay for and the reviews on those aren't all good. I've heard good things about Mophie's products, though. Decisions!

Thought I'd share some coupon codes I found online for Mophie. Hopefully I'm getting them to you before you placed your order!

craze10 for 10% off purchases >$79.95
craze05 for 5% off any purchase

I actually went into an Apple store looking for just backup batteries in general, and they had this Mophie. Thx though.

suzanne5ive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Update

UPDATE

I've tested the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve and have found these results:

Charging my iPhone 4 took about 30 mins to complete. Giving the phone a 40% power boost.

Recharging the Mophie from completely drained to full took 1.5-2 hrs to complete.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a backup battery for their iPhone. I'm gonna stick with this one for now. :D :apple:

LittleRedBird

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
UPDATE

I've tested the Mophie Juice Pack Reserve and have found these results:

Charging my iPhone 4 took about 30 mins to complete. Giving the phone a 40% power boost.

Recharging the Mophie from completely drained to full took 1.5-2 hrs to complete.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a backup battery for their iPhone. I'm gonna stick with this one for now. :D :apple:

I got one, too. It does give it a quick boost. However, both the Mophie and iPhone get really really hot. Does this happen to you? I'm waiting for a response from customer service...maybe I just got a dud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.