Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jibanez37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
So earlier today i was able to download apps via my iphone off of the app store by verifying my password and everything was completely fine. Then later on, i tried to download another app and was told my password was invalid...tried 3 more times and was still not working. So i figured it might be my phone and i tried my password on my computer and it was still invalid. I immediately checked my bank account and nothing was charged. So i did the whole "iForgot" thing and sent an email to myself to change the password, but i never received anything. So i did the second option which was to verify my birthday, but when i did, it said my information was invalid. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on what i should do or if this has happened to anyone else. I will be calling apple support asap but until then i was hoping to get a little help on here. Thanks!

jibanez37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
so if i had to cancel my account and start a new one, do you know what would happen to all of the apps and songs i've purchased on my current account? Thats the only thing im nervous about, i want to keep everything i've previously bought.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
so if i had to cancel my account and start a new one, do you know what would happen to all of the apps and songs i've purchased on my current account? Thats the only thing im nervous about, i want to keep everything i've previously bought.

I don't think you'll be "authorized" to have them. I think they will still be on your computer, but you won't be able to use them.

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
I would buy a bunch of CD-Rs (or CD-RWs) and try to burn a playlist with all your DRM-protected files off as soon as possible. They may be at a crappier sound quality because of being decompressed and compressed, but at least you have them copied off and don't have to re-buy.

jibanez37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
thanks for the replies guys...I was told to email itunes for support, took them two days to reply...and within those two days my debit card was debited $28 from the itunes store (which i obviously did not pay)so I couldnt wait another two days for a reply email so i called for support again and had my password reset over the phone...the password never worked. So now they just completely banned my account and credit card. And now i can not update any of the apps on my phone or even on my computer. This customer service has definitely given me a huge headache.

gary252

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
itunes password not working

9th July 2010. I have encountered a similar problem to jibanez 37. Attempting to enter my new e-mail address into my itunes account. On re-entering the account I was informed that my password was not valid, ( three attempts ). Trying to retrieve entry to my account, I was told that I was not recognised but an e-mail was sent to me. This has not arrived. Is it possible to contact itunes by e-mail?

Went back to site to follow advice and tried to enter itunes store again. This time I changed my Apple I/D to my new e-mail address, even though my old address was showing on the site page. This time it worked giving me access to my account using my normal password.

sillykat

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Same issue...

jibanez37 - A few questions for you as I'm now encountering the EXACT same issue.
- What email did you send your request to? I cannot find one that does not require me to first login using my Apple ID, which is rather ridiculous seeing as how my issue is that it won't recognize my apple ID.. I'm assuming calling the phone support was useless?

- Has your issue been fixed? If so.. how did they figure out what was wrong / retrieve your username, etc?

Thanks for the help.

jibanez37

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
@sillykat

ok, my problem has now been resolved. I decided to quit calling apple support because it would take them about 20 min (or more) to connect to the itunes billing service and when they did, i was not able to speak directly with itunes, only my apple support representative. I decided to continue emailing the itunes billing service directly because i did not have to have a representative between us. So i had my password reset again since the first reset didnt work, and then i had to give them permission to re-enable my account for me, since they figured my account was hacked. So my advice would be to email the itunes support. It takes them a a couple days (literally!) to reply to the initial email, but after that, they reply within a day or even less. I hope you dont go through as much frustration as i did, sillykat.

go to this url

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes

-then you'll see a section called "Get Customer Service"
-from there, click on the "itunes store account and billing" grey tab
-then select "managing your account" in the lighter grey tab
-then there should be an "email us" button to the right...

hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.