Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
What is the best (and not too expensive) anti-glare screen protector for the iPad? All of the fingerprints on the screen are getting of my nerves as well as the fact it's hard to see the screen when it's bright because of the screen being glass.
I'm in the UK so no US-only ones please :)

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
I second this request. I also need to have a good anti glare screen protector. Any recommendation? I hope the protector is easy to be applied too.

historyteacher

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
I use the power support anti glare and I love it. I have always used them on my iPhones so i figured I would give it a try. I actually prefer the feel it gives the screen since it does not attract the oil from your hands as bad. It does give the screen a different look. It is not blurry or bad in any way...but some of the crispness is gone. Personally I'm willing to accept this since the glare on the 10 inch screen is pretty substantial. It is a static film too. Dry install not wet. Just look up some installl videos on YouTube and take your time. Hope that helps.

7racer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
I also like powersupport. They are expensive for only getting the front.

While I haven't had other SP to compare them to, iLounge had a comparison and powersupport came out on top for the clarity of the film.

ph0n33z

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
For those of you that have an anti-glare installed, do they have that rainbow or weird effect where it looks like there is a thin film between the protector and the screen? It almost looks like iridescent pixels or something. I just bought the Exim anti-glare and it has this effect. I can't stand it so it is coming off. It is especially terrible with text.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I have the power support and love it, it's high quality. No moires, and enables the iPad to be used outside in the sun, reflections are much less. And fingerprints are gone. Ive used PS on my iPhones with same results.
There are probably other good brands, but some are definitely not as good.

tuamtuem

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
For those of you that have an anti-glare installed, do they have that rainbow or weird effect where it looks like there is a thin film between the protector and the screen? It almost looks like iridescent pixels or something. I just bought the Exim anti-glare and it has this effect. I can't stand it so it is coming off. It is especially terrible with text.

This seems like the normal behavior of anti-glare film. If you take a close look at it, you easily see this weird effect.

But I'm not qute sure about this defect on the premium brand, such as PowerSupport.

Plain Lazy

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
The trouble with buying powersupport products in the UK, is their shipping charge to the UK. Since apple stores stopped stocking screen protectors, there are no other UK stockists other than ebay sellers.

I really want a powersupport anti-glare for my ipad and iphone4, but keep wincing at the postage costs..

ph0n33z

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
This seems like the normal behavior of anti-glare film. If you take a close look at it, you easily see this weird effect.

But I'm not qute sure about this defect on the premium brand, such as PowerSupport.

Thanks guys. I was hoping this one would not have that effect, but alas. It really does ruin the experience for me so I am going to replace it. Maybe I can get a refund. :(

It looks like powersupport is the only one that doesn't do this. But man, the price is killer for not having any kind of warranty.

Anyone have another brand that doesn't have the iridescent effect? It isn't really moire as they are not rainbows like you get when you look through a screen door or window. Its more like there are multicolored specs between the screen and the protector.

a0911091837

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2009
The trouble with buying powersupport products in the UK, is their shipping charge to the UK. Since apple stores stopped stocking screen protectors, there are no other UK stockists other than ebay sellers.

I really want a powersupport anti-glare for my ipad and iphone4, but keep wincing at the postage costs..

Hi,

I have found this seller on eBay and confirm with powersuppor that they are official reseller in UK.

Crystal Clear:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pre-Order-PowerSupport-Crystal-Clear-Film-iPad-/170508271840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item27b315c0e0

Anti-Glare:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180529497955&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I already pre order the Anti glare version for my iPad from them, now just wait for the stock to arrive! :apple:

Can't wait for the iPhone 4 as well, but the seller say they are still waiting for the confirmed price/date for UK release.

Hope this help!:D

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I have a Brando anti-glare protector on my iPad (I reviewed it in this thread). It's great and I would highly recommend it - it's also a bit cheaper than the Power Support one and equal or better in terms of quality.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
I ordered a few off eBay and they are nowhere near the quality of my Power Support anti-glares. You get what you pay for.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Power support wins hands down. I had to remove my SGP steinheil. it was crap

nushieldguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Try NuShield

The NuShield film is antireflective and provides better readability when used outdoors than the antiglare. It is also much easier to install because it uses a rubber based adhesive instead of glue based adhesive. The film is only $22.00 US plus shipping.

millypede

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2004
UK
SwitchEasy all the way, the Pure (AR) is just great, they arrived yesterday into the shop and have been selling like hot cakes, the glue is much better than the other screen protectors we have had in so far.

tuamtuem

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
The power support is the best screen protector I've recommended. If you don't want to leave your finger prints on your iPad, you should try the PS anti-glare. It's worthwhile.

jzeddy

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
I used the Power Support AG for about a month, but the rainbowing effects really bothered me, particularly when it came to reading ebooks and webpages. There are a number of great reviews and comparisons on this forum. I think that the Power Support AG is generally considered the best and clearest one out there. Whether the rainbowing effects are (1) noticeable and (2) bothersome seems to differ by individual. If I were to choose an AG film, I would stick to Power Support (in fact, I still have mine). In the end, though, I myself changed to the Power Support Crystal film and am happy with it.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
SwitchEasy all the way, the Pure (AR) is just great, they arrived yesterday into the shop and have been selling like hot cakes, the glue is much better than the other screen protectors we have had in so far.

I second SwitchEasy, flawless application and great feel/antiglare properties.

a0911091837

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2009
In Stock! UK

Hi,

I have found this seller on eBay and confirm with powersuppor that they are official reseller in UK.

Crystal Clear:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pre-Order-PowerSupport-Crystal-Clear-Film-iPad-/170508271840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item27b315c0e0

Anti-Glare:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180529497955&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I already pre order the Anti glare version for my iPad from them, now just wait for the stock to arrive! :apple:

Can't wait for the iPhone 4 as well, but the seller say they are still waiting for the confirmed price/date for UK release.

Hope this help!:D

Finally receive mine today!! Very well packed and secure delivered :D

Fantastic clear, much better then the £4.99 eBay one. I am so glad I wait, wait, and finally my perfect iPad is now ready to use anywhere.

whatsoccurring

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
phonedevil release theirs in a few days, you can preorder them on their website. £15 including 2 protectors, and free worldwide shipping if you want it (they're in the UK). The iPhone 4 ones can also be preordered, they're £8 for 2 protectors.
http://www.phonedevil.com/

I got my iphone 3GS one from Amazon, here's their feedback. Looks like they have their highest rated protectors:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PhoneDevil-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279104686&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PhoneDevil-Magic-Screen-protector-anti-glare/dp/B002WG8SLS/ref=pd_sim_ce_2

I would get an iPad protector from them without hesitation, but I'm one of those stubborn people who doesn't like buying 1st generation apple kit ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.